Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder in Islandeady

Options
  • 09-03-2011 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

On a day when an Islandeady man became Taoiseach this happens. There is very strange circumstances surrounding the death. If anyone wants to know the local rumours they can pm me.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-arrested-in-connection-with-mayo-death-496522.html

Gardaí investigating the circumstances surrounding the discovery of a woman’s body in Co Mayo this morning have arrested a man in his early 20s.

The man was arrested at 8am at Corha , Islandeady ,Castlebar, Co Mayo.

He is currently detained at Castlebar Garda Station under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act 1984.

The 46-year-old woman's body was discovered at a house at Derrycrieve, Islandeady, at approximately 1.40am.

The scene has been preserved pending a garda technical examination and the state pathologist’s office has been notified, gardaí said.

The body remains at the scene.

Investigations are continuing.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-arrested-in-connection-with-mayo-death-496522.html#ixzz1G5zkqb3I

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The poor woman an awful thing, asking people to PM you for rumour it terribly sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Sugarfree

yop wrote: »
    The poor woman an awful thing, asking people to PM you for rumour it terribly sad.

I didnt ask people to pm me. I said if they wanted to know what happened pm me. Will I write it up on the thread instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Sugarfree wrote: »
    I didnt ask people to pm me. I said if they wanted to know what happened pm me. Will I write it up on the thread instead?

I wouldnt post anything up on the thread. Any rumours, true or otherwise are still rumours and Boards might be held responsible for any false information posted in a public forum

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Do people actually need the full detail? A woman was murdered, enough said in that, been the local loudspeaker isn't something to be proud of.

Now cop on and remove that from your OP and have a little respect for the dead woman.

Do people actually need the full detail? A woman was murdered, enough said in that, been the local loudspeaker isn't something to be proud of.

Now cop on and remove that from your OP and have a little respect for the dead woman.

f uck off

Mod note: user banned for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As long as no rumours nor unofficial information is posted here, I cannot control PMs.
    RIP.

biko wrote: »
    As long as no rumours nor unofficial information is posted here, I cannot control PMs.
    RIP.

Thats fair enough Biko, nothing you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

RIP.

Terrible news, sad to hear about two similar murders in Castlebar in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Disturbing developments indeed.
    I wish people would have the good sense to leave the rumours for the high stool and not be offering unsubstantiated information to anonymous individuals on the net through PM or not. How are you to know if you are not inadvertently giving (more than likely false) information to relatives of the deceased or to somebody involved in the case? Let the relevant authorities do their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Sad story and The Star are running this story on there front page. It was on Vincent Browne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 angelcakebaby

That woman was a good friend of my sisters and a lovely woman. What a disgusting thing to do, spreading rumours like that. I am sure the family would appreciate the fact that you all told that person her actions were not acceptable. Its good to know there are decent people out there. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mods take some legal advice about this thread.

Comment on this thread might be held to prejudice a trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Zxc01

I am just having a read of this thread, and it appears that people are upset about the "PM me if you want to know the rumours".

Now I know people are entitled to their opinions, but the world is a terrible place and I don't know the people involved and I don't live anywhere near this place where is happened, but I am hearing rumours. People talk, and news gets legs....that is just the way the world is....it’s just the way people are. Some are nosey (not sure if that is spelt right...lol) and some aren’t. I don't see anything wrong about what the original poster said.

Its up to the each individual to listen to rumours or not....and he did say PM so its private not public so not prejudicial
    People will always talk.

My prayers are with the poor lady involved and her family and friends.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Zxc01 wrote: »
    People talk, and news gets legs....that is just the way the world is....it’s just the way people are.
    People get murdered - it's just the way the world is, just the way people are.

Doesn't mean we can't criticise it, and I don't see why gossip-mongering shouldn't be criticised either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 puddinpie

Pm for rumours. How sad is that? Get a life, this woman was a mother, a friend, a daughter. Show a bit of decency and respect, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

A man was before Swinford District Court this morning regarding this matter and was remanded in custody.

Mods, either close this thread or take legal advice on what discussion you allow.

Remarks on this thread may later be held to prejudice a trial or be contempt of court - either would have serious consequences for the posters and owners of this board.

Local print media know their obligations in these matters and their example should be followed.

nuac wrote: »
    A man was before Swinford District Court this morning regarding this matter and was remanded in custody.

Mods, either close this thread or take legal advice on what discussion you allow.

Remarks on this thread may later be held to prejudice a trial or be contempt of court - either would have serious consequences for the posters and owners of this board.

Local print media know their obligations in these matters and their example should be followed.

A man, are you not allowed to say it was her son? Jesus get a bit of a life for yourself. In fact all my "Rumours" are reported as fact in the media at the moment. I hope Yop does not come back trolling this thread.

A man, are you not allowed to say it was her son? Jesus get a bit of a life for yourself. In fact all my "Rumours" are reported as fact in the media at the moment. I hope Yop does not come back trolling this thread.

Trolling, you will be getting another holiday if you continue, you best to leave it as is now and close the thread

Trolling, you will be getting another holiday if you continue, you best to leave it as is now and close the thread

Your continuing to try to "rise" me. I wont take the bait this time. You even thanked me the last time I rose to you.

Your continuing to try to "rise" me. I wont take the bait this time. You even thanked me the last time I rose to you.

lol, you will find I thank the mod for doing what 90% of the people on here suggested.

I am not trying to rise you, you are doing that all by yourself.

Anyway, the issue is past, the poor woman is dead. Just let it lie and move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Would a mod please close this extremely tasteless thread ????

Jimmyboss wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

nuac wrote: »

Report posts report.gif you think are out of order, don't post your opinion on moderation on thread as it will derail it.
    You could have added a link to the source http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12192:son-charged-with-murder-of-mother&catid=23:news&Itemid=46
    Posting official news is fine, posting unofficial news is not fine.
    Not posting link equals rumour/made up/hearsay as we won't verify something you have claimed.
    Jimmyboss wrote: »
    Report posts report.gif you think are out of order, don't post your opinion on moderation on thread as it will derail it.
    There is nothing wrong with this thread.
    It's discussion on news that is widely available.
    A thread that doesn't contain unofficial info or contains crude or offensive comments will most likely stay open.
    Please remember that family and friends will probably read this thread. I will also read this and if someone is disrespectful I will act on it.
    Please report anything out of line.

Advertisement