Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox 360 surround sound

• 09-03-2011 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭

I have a Sony 5.1 receiver hooked up to my 360 via optical cable. When i play any game, the surround sounds works great except for sounds directly behind me. lets say a character is talking in a game, i can turn around, and the sounds will move through the speakers until the character is directly behind me, at which point it cuts out.

Is this a intentional or a limitation of 360 + optical?

Anyone else experience this?

It's really starting to annoy me now - i'm trying to play dragon age, but all the incidental conversation is cutting out because people are generally behind me.

(FYI: DVD/blurays work fine with full surround and all cables are plugged in. Diagnostic plays through all 6 speakers.)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Does the same DVD work fine via the xbox?

Also, have you tested it with different games? Could be the audio for that game alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Does the same DVD work fine via the xbox?

Also, have you tested it with different games? Could be the audio for that game alone.

I've noticed it in other games, but it never bothered me before ... That's a good idea about testing a DVD in the box - thanks! :)

i just wondered if anyone else has come across this before ...

Advertisement