Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java application issue in displaying web page. Please help

Options
  • 09-03-2011 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hello All,
    I am trying to display a web page in a java swing application using JEditorPane. and it works fine. Last day I tested this application in a machine connected to college network in Dublin and in that network the web page is not displaying. I can browse the web page using browser(IE,Mozilla etc) with out any problem.
    any one know why this is happening and how to resolve? ping is not working in that network. Please help. really need a solution.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Hello All,
    I am trying to display a web page in a java swing application using JEditorPane. and it works fine. Last day I tested this application in a machine connected to college network in Dublin and in that network the web page is not displaying. I can browse the web page using browser(IE,Mozilla etc) with out any problem.
    any one know why this is happening and how to resolve? ping is not working in that network. Please help. really need a solution.

College is probably using a proxy so you need to configure you application to use a proxy too if you want it to work on the college network.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 team eGlobe

thanks lynchie for your reply. I also thught it might be issue with proxy. and I tried to print proxy server and port. but no proxy in that network its DIRECT. Is it possible firewall block this? what I am thinking now is call default browser in application.any thoughts welcome

Advertisement