Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry keypad tones.

Options
  • 09-03-2011 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi, just got a Balckberry Pearl 9105 but can't figure out how to turn off the keypad tone for number dialing. I have the tones turned off for the other keypad functions like texting, scrolling etc.

I hoping it may be a similar thing with other Blackberry's so feel free to give an answer even if yours is not a 9105 Pearl...

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Hey,
    Your pearl has search ;) Type "keyboard", and you'll get 'keyboard settings' - untick keyboard sounds. Done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Hi, yeah I done that but it turns off every other key function tone bar the dialing in of a number. I can txt, add contacts etc etc but as soon as I push a number button it beeps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Sorry, on the Bold all keyboard sounds are disabled that way. Huh? I noticed a few BB. Forums where folks have the same prob - numbers keys make sounds even when they shouldn't...
    Nuddin in the manual pdf you can download from BB? They are usually more detailled than the one in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

strecker wrote: »
    Sorry, on the Bold all keyboard sounds are disabled that way. Huh? I noticed a few BB. Forums where folks have the same prob - numbers keys make sounds even when they shouldn't...
    Nuddin in the manual pdf you can download from BB? They are usually more detailled than the one in the box.

Yeah, tried that too but its more or less the same :rolleyes: I even posted the question on the main BB forum.com and have a few people stumped there also....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

The only way to do it on a Blackberry is to change your profile to Silent or Vibrate, but then it knocks ALL tones, and even if you try change the ring tones etc, it puts back the dial sound again :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement