Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a truck load of timber

• 09-03-2011 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know roughly how much a truck load of timber costs ??

Im looking to purchase timber without going through the Coillte auction system as all im looking for is a truck load of harvested timber.

Cheers for any advice :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

elvis99 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone know roughly how much a truck load of timber costs ??

Im looking to purchase timber without going through the Coillte auction system as all im looking for is a truck load of harvested timber.

Cheers for any advice :)

It was €1000 + VAT 12 months ago. You don't need to go through the auction system. Just contact the harvesting manager in your area. They are listed on the Coillte website.

Timber has risen significantly in price in the last 12 months so I imagine that Coillte have increased the sale price per load accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Swinefluproof

Is coillte the only intermediary through which you can buy a truckload of timber or are there other suppliers?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

reilig wrote: »
    It was €1000 + VAT 12 months ago. You don't need to go through the auction system. Just contact the harvesting manager in your area. They are listed on the Coillte website.

Timber has risen significantly in price in the last 12 months so I imagine that Coillte have increased the sale price per load accordingly.

anyone bought a load recently.im thinking of cutting up a load and selling firewood or is it too expensive to buy from coillte to make a profit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

http://www.coillte.ie/coillteforest/log_sales/faq/

http://www.coillte.ie/fileadmin/user_upload/pdfs/Log_Sales/Harvesting_Managers_3.pdf

Thinking of doing the same, but need to think further about a drying area to store for a year or two.

I think its about 30 tonnes per load but I may be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Harwarder

Is coillte the only intermediary through which you can buy a truckload of timber or are there other suppliers?

Try the sawmills. They usually sell off reject logs that made it into the mill. 26 tonnes on a load. Shouldn't cost more than €1,100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

Just wondering what would the burning value of the timber compared to turf/ briquettes,
    so your 30 ton load of timber what amount of turf would it be equal too, i know there is no way of exactly knowing but just roughly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

All depends on distance 500 euros if close by

Advertisement