Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone4 - Three Network - Voicemail Issues

• 09-03-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭

Right, I'm just sick to death of three and their scams.

Issues:

1) Three network charge you for checking your messages. As far as I know they are the only network to do this. Not only that, they charge you a pretty premium rate.

2) Three network on the iPhone4 is crap*. It's so crap that a huge amount of time someone rings me it just goes straight to my answering service.

3) Even when someone doesn't leave a message (i.e. voicemail kicks in, they hang up before beep), it still registers as a message.

4) I then get a text telling me I have a message. When I check it takes about 30seconds to tell me who/when the non-message was left.... which, of course, I have to pay for!

5) I stop checking messages, they build up. Eventually I will see a missed call of a number I don't recognise or by someone I know would leave a message... so I have to go through about 20 bloody empty messages to get to it. Could take 5-10 minutes of premium rate.

I just now tried to turn off my voicemail, but I cant seem to do it. I deleted the greeting that's on it but it replaced it by a default one.

Does everyone else have this problem with the ghost messages?

Does anyone know how to stop the voicemail service?

Does anyone know how I can get out of the three contract?

*It is specifically bad in my house. The three guy was almost laughing at how unfortunate I was. He was looking at the "coverage map" saying my area was all green except for this red block that was pretty much over my house. Oh lord, you are a pity.... . but, three doesn't guarantee coverage inside a house, so tough luck buddy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

guess nobody is having the same problems as me then :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

Check out HulloMail for your voicemail problems. I switched away from the Three voicemail as soon as HulloMail was released and haven't looked back, it's perfect.

As for the three coverage issues, from personal experience I don't have too many problems, and my phone switches quickly from 3 to Vodafone as needed. Plus the Three Like Home roaming in the UK killed a very long two hours in LHR tethered to my laptop last night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Check out HulloMail for your voicemail problems. I switched away from the Three voicemail as soon as HulloMail was released and haven't looked back, it's perfect.

As for the three coverage issues, from personal experience I don't have too many problems, and my phone switches quickly from 3 to Vodafone as needed. Plus the Three Like Home roaming in the UK killed a very long two hours in LHR tethered to my laptop last night!

Yea hullomail is great. Haven't used 3 voicemail at all. Coverage also fine for me in north Kildare, south Dublin and even in wild west Clare where I was last week.

Cheers, I'd never even heard of voicemail apps... sounds like it could do the trick all right.

What's the story with the Free vs Paid? The paid one is 5.49 which is pretty steep. Do I need that, or would the free one do?

Going to download the free one now anyway and see how it goes.
    Thanks again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

jimbling wrote: »
    Cheers, I'd never even heard of voicemail apps... sounds like it could do the trick all right.

What's the story with the Free vs Paid? The paid one is 5.49 which is pretty steep. Do I need that, or would the free one do?

Going to download the free one now anyway and see how it goes.
    Thanks again....

Free one is fine. Think the paid one is ad free. The ads aren't obtrusive in the App but tbh I dont actually use the App that much. When you miss a call Hullomail send out a text (free of charge; select text alert in App setup) and I click on the link in the text to dial the voicemail number. I have free landlines as option so costs me zip. Call comes from your bundle otherwise

• Advertisement

Just to say again. Thanks a million. It's a fantastic app. I cant believe I've never heard of it's existence before today. That gets rid of one ever lasting headache in my life.... I am eternally grateful :D

See, it does pay to rant on boards every now and again!!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21 eamo4648

Hi has anyone figured out what code to dial to disable voicemail on three network
    i tried dialing #004# but i get an error i think it only works on AT&T
    any ideas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

you missed the 150 page thread on 3 and all the litlle issues then !!
    its there somewhere !!

same here re: the voice mail, adds a fiver a month to my bill ! and 99% of the time never vm left when i check....

i'm hoping to buy out my contract in the summer, when i get out of college

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Only customer care can disable your voicemail. I got it done, 5 min call and it was disabled..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 eamo4648

Thanks the short code to disable the voicmail is ##004# and press call button
    this will disable voice mail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

iPwnage wrote: »
    you missed the 150 page thread on 3 and all the litlle issues then !!
    its there somewhere !!

same here re: the voice mail, adds a fiver a month to my bill ! and 99% of the time never vm left when i check....

i'm hoping to buy out my contract in the summer, when i get out of college
    Why not use Hullomail, an application that actually enhances voicemail, as already recommended rather than whine on here about it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Hullomail FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Has anyone figured out how to change or delete the default voicemail number. Accident calls to my voicemail cost me €14 last month. I never use it and want to change the number to a non existant number that wont cost me money when i accidentally hit the voice mail button while in phone mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

CJC999 wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out how to change or delete the default voicemail number. Accident calls to my voicemail cost me €14 last month. I never use it and want to change the number to a non existant number that wont cost me money when i accidentally hit the voice mail button while in phone mode.

Ring Three and they disable it.

You are left without ANY voicemail then though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭finbarrk

jimbling wrote: »
    guess nobody is having the same problems as me then :eek:
    I had the same problems with you. After a few long calls to customer service they sent me to Limerick to an authorised phone repair shop to have the phone checked. They found a problem on the phone and gave me a new one. Three covered it. Seemingly it was common with the iphone 4.
    I had been the same as you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

barryd09 wrote: »

Ring Three and they disable it.

You are left without ANY voicemail then though.

I did that as soon as I got Hulomail and now I don't get any voicemail through 3 and get their silly charge for listening to messages.

However the button is still in the phone menu and even though the voicemail is disabled it'll still go and ring the voicemail number if hit accidentally so I've been stung a couple of times there. Can I get this disabled completely so it won't ring or am I just going to have to stop trying to ring people when I'm drunk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You're probably better off accidentally dialling Voicemail and getting a few cent charge than living with the fallout of dialling an ex!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

finbarrk wrote: »
    I had the same problems with you. After a few long calls to customer service they sent me to Limerick to an authorised phone repair shop to have the phone checked. They found a problem on the phone and gave me a new one. Three covered it. Seemingly it was common with the iphone 4.
    I had been the same as you.

For an iPhone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Just downloaded the app but it says it won't work with 3 PAYG :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just downloaded the app but it says it won't work with 3 PAYG :(

There is a cost to ring the landline for Hullomail. On 3Pay voicemail is free anyway, so why not use that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

whiterebel wrote: »
    There is a cost to ring the landline for Hullomail. On 3Pay voicemail is free anyway, so why not use that?

Thanks, I didn't realise that it was free on pre-pay! I'll remove the app so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭finbarrk

whiterebel wrote: »
    For an iPhone?
    Well they sent me to fonemenders in Catherine St. in Limerick and I got sorted there.

finbarrk wrote: »
    Well they sent me to fonemenders in Catherine St. in Limerick and I got sorted there.

That's what I was wondering. They aren't an approved Apple repair centre. If they had opened the phone, they void the warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ron 1

Any ideas how to extend the ring time before it goes into voicemail.

ron 1 wrote: »
    Any ideas how to extend the ring time before it goes into voicemail.

Ring 1913.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ron 1

Ya and pay charges outside my plan to talk to customer services! Was hoping to be able to do it through settings or code myself. But thanks anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

ron 1 wrote: »
    Ya and pay charges outside my plan to talk to customer services! Was hoping to be able to do it through settings or code myself. But thanks anyway!
    1913 is free off any mobile or landline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

AdMMM wrote: »
    You're probably better off accidentally dialling Voicemail and getting a few cent charge than living with the fallout of dialling an ex!

A few cent? Its €1.50 or €1.60 everytime you dial it no matter how long you've been on. I've cut the call before the automated voice started speaking and was still charged as it was connected to the service. I wouldnt mind if it were only a few cent but its not, its near extorionate what they charge for it...hence i never knowingly use it. If someone wants me for something urgently then they will ring back or text so i have absolutely no use for voice mail. I never check them even when voicemails are left.

CJC999 wrote: »
    A few cent? Its €1.50 or €1.60 everytime you dial it no matter how long you've been on. I've cut the call before the automated voice started speaking and was still charged as it was connected to the service. I wouldnt mind if it were only a few cent but its not, its near extorionate what they charge for it...hence i never knowingly use it. If someone wants me for something urgently then they will ring back or text so i have absolutely no use for voice mail. I never check them even when voicemails are left.

Isn't voicemail 15c per minute on 3?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭sfag31

eamo4648 wrote: »
    Thanks the short code to disable the voicmail is ##004# and press call button
    this will disable voice mail

the above code worked for me. cheers.

agree the charge for voicemail is a rip off.
    hullomail is a brill alternative if you want to keep voice mail.

Advertisement