Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someplace really nice to eat out.

Options
2»

Comments

Mr Keek wrote: »
    +1 for Oscars, it's sex in the mouth!
    OP may not be a fan of salty food though..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Hi all,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the recommendations. Unfortunately I had a little accident, and dislocated my knee over the weekend. So won't be travelling this weekend.

Again Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll keep them in mind for the next time I'm coming up.

Foinse

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Nobody mentioned Milano?

McSwiggans is also amazing grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Nobody mentioned Milano?

You can't book a table unless you've at least seven people. If you go at a remotely popular time you've to queue for hours.

I was turned off when we had to wait for an hour and a half one night and the manager blatantly gave her friends a table who'd walked in off the street after an hour of us queueing and got a table. We were just too tired and hungry to kick up a fuss at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

You can't book a table unless you've at least seven people. If you go at a remotely popular time you've to queue for hours.

I was turned off when we had to wait for an hour and a half one night and the manager blatantly gave her friends a table who'd walked in off the street after an hour of us queueing and got a table. We were just too tired and hungry to kick up a fuss at that stage.

Really? I've been 4 or 5 times with my girlfriend, no reservation, on a friday/saturday after 7PM, and had no problem.

To be honest, I've never seen the place packed to the gills, just regular crowds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Really? I've been 4 or 5 times with my girlfriend, no reservation, on a friday/saturday after 7PM, and had no problem.

To be honest, I've never seen the place packed to the gills, just regular crowds.

I've no reason to make it up!

Has happened a few times. Completely put me off going there.

Plus I also find that it's pretty much the same cost as going somewhere a bit smaller and nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

foinse wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone could recommend a really nice restaurant in the city? We're big food lovers so anything goes, once it's nice. Oh and we've decided to splash out this weekend so price won't be a major issue (until we get home on Saturday and check the bank balance :D) once we get a very good meal.

Read above what the OP wrote. Of course nobody mentioned Milanos.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

McSwiggans does fantastic food but is always extremely busy and I would expect it to be manic over the next few days.

Tamarind is lovely for a little something different, nice range of foods and is very good quality as is Da Tang Noodle House where I ventured myself last night.

Lohans in Salthill is nice as is Da Robertas if you feel like heading out that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

ourtrail wrote: »

Lohans in Salthill is nice as is Da Robertas if you feel like heading out that direction.

If going Salthill direction, do yourself a favour and skip Da Robertas for Gourmet Tart. Gourmet Tart is phenomenal value and excellent quality. On a good day, Da Roberta is at best average. It's pricey for what you get. The only thing really to recommend it is that it's a good place to bring kids, but having said that so is Gourmet Tart!

Lohans I've not tried but I've heard good things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

+1 for Gourmet Tart over Da Robertas. I really like Da Robertas food(especially the pasta dishes) but their prices are too high for what is at best relaxed food and nothing too fancy.
    Gourmet Tart offers great value and the food looks/tastes more expensive than the €25 for 4 courses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Aero28

foinse wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the recommendations. Unfortunately I had a little accident, and dislocated my knee over the weekend. So won't be travelling this weekend.

Again Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll keep them in mind for the next time I'm coming up.

Foinse

Sorry to hear about your injury. Hope you feel better again soon. You got plenty of suggestions here so they'll be good for next time you get to visit, that's if they are still opened by then.

Advertisement