Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FBML Tutorials

Options
  • 09-03-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping to create an interactive fan/ landing page for a facebook account and I'm looking for some tutorials that outline how best to go about this. The tutorials that I've found so far haven't been that great or that plentiful. Ultimately, I'd be aiming for something like Trocaire or American Red Cross have created.

I'm ok with html and css but I just need some examples to get me started.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

I got an email the other day to tell me that fbml was on the way out and i-frames are ont he way in, if you activate fbml on your page now youw ill be granfathered in but after a certain date in the not too distant future you wont be able to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Yeah, it appears it is being phased out. Thanks for that!

All I'm looking for is a way to create a mailing list that allows people to sign up for an ezine. I'm unsure about how to go about coding this and what external resources I would need to collect email addresses. Perhaps a marketing tool like Constant Contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

mailchimp would be good for this. They've facebook integration, and you can send to 1000 sub's for free per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I'll look into mailchip. In the mean time I've been messing around with code and I've come up with this:
    <div align="right">
    <form action="MAILTO:email@me.com" method="email" enctype="text/plain">
    <b>Name:</b> <input type="text" name="name" value="" />
    <br />
    <b>Email:</b> <input type="text" name="mail" value="" />
    <br /><br />
    <input type="submit" value="Send">
    </form></div>

It renders fine but when I go to submit the form FB gives an error message.

"The page you requested was not found. You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address. Some web addresses are case sensitive."

I'm guessing it's not as simple as creating a form with a destination email address for all submissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I don't know how a form would work, there's nothing there to process it.... the Mailchimp app should take care of it for you.

http://kb.mailchimp.com/article/how-do-i-add-a-mailchimp-sign-up-form-to-my-facebook-fan-page

• Advertisement
Advertisement