Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Department - UPC ? ?

• 09-03-2011 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All

I am hoping to speak with UPC in terms of getting them to supply our Apartment Complex, It is in tallaght and all other complexes around the building have UPC installed.

Logistically speaking the setup would not be a stretch for the complex.
    the previus supplier is pracitaclly defunct now So we are seeking to approach UPC with a view of setting up.

My question would be who do i contact ? Which department? Their website is practically behind a large corporate wall such is this size of the company.
    Its a clear gain for all concerned they get immediate access to 200 additional units we get a better service, Win Win.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You would need to get in touch with the building's management company. If there is an existing service supplier in place, then it's likely that they have a contact and cannot be replaced by UPC. Whatever the situation, individual residents won't be able to approach UPC on behalf of the entire building, as this is the job of the management company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

listermint wrote: »
    Hi All

I am hoping to speak with UPC in terms of getting them to supply our Apartment Complex, It is in tallaght and all other complexes around the building have UPC installed.

Logistically speaking the setup would not be a stretch for the complex.
    the previus supplier is pracitaclly defunct now So we are seeking to approach UPC with a view of setting up.

My question would be who do i contact ? Which department? Their website is practically behind a large corporate wall such is this size of the company.
    Its a clear gain for all concerned they get immediate access to 200 additional units we get a better service, Win Win.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks all.
    Hi try get magnet llu because upc could be a dream for you or a nigthmare for you and customers service arent that helpful if you have a problem with your broadband 1193227635.pngthat a suppose be 20mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭listermint

jor el wrote: »
    You would need to get in touch with the building's management company. If there is an existing service supplier in place, then it's likely that they have a contact and cannot be replaced by UPC. Whatever the situation, individual residents won't be able to approach UPC on behalf of the entire building, as this is the job of the management company.

I have been in touch with the building management company. Contracts are null as the previous management company are liquitaded as of last year. Individual residents are the spark that get these things moving.

If you leave this to other people it will never be done. Management companies are happy to take fees as stay out of things unless it is served up to them on a plate. Which is what Im doing. I am tired of the lack of service as are other residents. So I am seeking to get this started. To my knowledge the managment company were looking at getting sky shared apartments in, But havent really but effort in.

So if UPC can do it it a win all round, for Broadband and TV and value.

We had a young sales rep drop some flyers in there a few weeks back, and he was hounded with residents calls as they thought it was now available. turns out he made a mistake and he didnt have the business acumen to pursue it internally.

I appreciate all the help received here. Thank you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you have a residents association then they should get on to the Management company about getting this sorted. Individuals won't be able to get anywhere on their own. If a group of residents can get together, they may be able to put pressure on the management company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭listermint

jor el wrote: »
    If you have a residents association then they should get on to the Management company about getting this sorted. Individuals won't be able to get anywhere on their own. If a group of residents can get together, they may be able to put pressure on the management company.

just a note on this, if you want something done do it yourself.

now at an advanced stage with all parties concerned. Take all advise under consideration but if you want to achieve something then do it. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement