Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to disable web hotkey from accessing web

Options
  • 09-03-2011 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

I think I seen this here somewhere before, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. The right key on a new nokia 6303i gives direct access to the web. I was wondering is their anyway this can be disabled , because if it is pressed accidentally it can be logged onto the web and using up the credit while it is in your pocket if it's not locked. I did it before with an LG phone but I cant remember how I did it. Hope somebody out there can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If it's Vodafone/o2 you can't change it, you can delete the apn which will stop the phone connecting to the internet. That's the only way around it.

Other wise it's in the settings menu under personal configeration, shortcuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

If it's Vodafone/o2 you can't change it, you can delete the apn which will stop the phone connecting to the internet. That's the only way around it.

Other wise it's in the settings menu under personal configeration, shortcuts.

Thanks Drunkmonkey. I'm on vodafone. This sounds something like what I did with the LG, but I cant remember what I did to stop it accessing the web, I went into settings on the nokia but there's no access to change the right key function.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement