Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

memory card slot

Options
  • 09-03-2011 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I could find a PC Maintenance Man or a PC Shop that would repair a memory card slot inside a laptop for cheap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

Are you sure it's a hardware fault?
    Have you tried reinstalling the driver?

On almost all laptops repairing or replacing a card reader involves major disassembly. Depending on make/model, the labour charge in a repair shop could easily run between €50 - €100, and a replacement part €10-€30. :(

The cheap and cheerful solution is to buy a small usb card reader for €10-€20 and pop it in your laptop bag. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

What's happening is I put my memory-card in the memory slot in my laptop. It goes in fine, but nothing comes up automatically. When I go to my computer and double-click on the drive, it says 'Please insert the card and try again'

Advertisement