Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primordial - Redemption at the Puritan's Hand

Options
  • 09-03-2011 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭

A new track from Primordial's upcoming album is now streaming as of yesterday evening!

http://www.metalblade.com/primordialstream/

The track can take several listens to sink in but it really is great!

I haven't seen too much mention of Primordial on these boards which surprises me greatly, as they are without a doubt the biggest (and in my opinion, the best) metal band to come out of Ireland. They are also one of my favourite bands. I don't know of any other band who play their music with as much passion and conviction as Primordial do, and they have an absolutely flawless back catalogue.

New album is out on the 23rd of April...I can't ****in wait!

redemption.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

This and Opeth most eagarly awaited of the year for me.
    Fully agreed with the opinion they are the best Irish band and look forward to the gig later this year

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Love it cant wait for the album:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Well said Useful.Idiot. One of my favourite bands to see live for the very reasons you state.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

Yes indeed.....will make a good birthday present for me on the 25th! How can they possibily top To the Nameless Dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

jpm4 wrote: »
    Yes indeed.....will make a good birthday present for me on the 25th! How can they possibily top To the Nameless Dead?

Quite easily I reckon! I consider TtND exactly on par with the 2 or 3 albums before it, they're all brilliant! And if that streaming track is anything to go by then this one will also be a scorcher!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

think it's class, really looking forward to hearing the full album, a constantly improving band in my opinion.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I have to admit to some trepidation on hearing Bloodied Yet Unbowed but this is brilliant:

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I have to admit to some trepidation on hearing Bloodied Yet Unbowed but this is brilliant:

Wow!!!! Loving that Tune :D

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

great new track. i think from what ive heard the new one will be a grower.

had the amazing experience of drumming for them last summer. such an awesome thing to behold when youre on the other side. their fan base is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I never really got into Primordial before. My only real experience of them is hearing a few tracks here and there on YouTube but nothing really stuck with me. I must say though I'm really loving the 2 tracks I've heard from this album. Looks like I'm gonna have to go back and give their other stuff another go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Bump of an oldish thread!

Anyone listened to the full album yet?

I have to say it is one of the greatest metal albums I have had the pleasure of ever listening to. To the name less dead was amazing but this is a whole new level. Everything from the drumming to the bass is perfect. I have had it on repeat all week. Death of the Gods is perhaps my favourite track on the whole album.

Roll on September 24th....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I have to say it is one of the greatest metal albums I have had the pleasure of ever listening to.
    Wow, high praise indeed! I will check this out at some stage I'm sure.

Anyone listened to the full album yet?

Ya absolutely loving it. Sign of a good album to me when the song that sticks with you after listening keeps changing & you end up working your way through all the tracks. Don't think there's a step wrong anywhere.

Bloodied Yet Unbowded didnt click with me when it first came out but it fits really well with the album as a whole now.

Nemtheanga's vocals as usual......:eek:.....dripping venom on No Grave, Gods Old Snake etc to giving me a stone in the throat on Mouth of Judas. Class.

Yep I've been listening to it a good bit lately aswell. Death of the Gods and Bloodied Yet Unbowed are the real highlights of the album. I dont know if I would say that its the album of the year, I find that Gods Old Snake seems to drag it down a bit, but overall a quality album.

Testament1 wrote: »
    I find that Gods Old Snake seems to drag it down a bit

Really? I'm loving that song. I sometimes think when comes to getting certain songs to click one needs to be in the right place, right time, right mood, listening through the right earphones/speakers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

My CD/DVD/Tshirt package arrive from Germany this morning. Well impressed I must say.
    I too wasnt bowled over by Bloodied Yet Unbowed but after a couple of listens of the album I am delighted with it.

There is nothing like the feeling of getting a new album and on the first listen anticipating listening to it more.

May get my tickets ASAP

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Really? I'm loving that song. I sometimes think when comes to getting certain songs to click one needs to be in the right place, right time, right mood, listening through the right earphones/speakers. :)

Yep it just doesnt do anything for me at the moment. I might get into it over time but right now it just doesnt click with me and as a result lowers my enjoyment of the album slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Haha figures! I started this thread and I still don't have the album :( ordered it last week but there was some muck-up with my card so only ended up ordering the CD/DVD/T-shirt package yesterday. So waiting on this and the new Altar of Plagues too! I'm going to overload on premium Irish metal! The album got a 5/5 on metalireland aswell, which is a very rare sight indeed!

I really can't wait to get my ears around it. When they temporarily put up No Grave is Deep Enough, it blew my balls off! And this live vid...:eek:

Haha figures! I started this thread and I still don't have the album :(

Sure acquire it by other means conscience free for now seeing as its bought & paid for? Gonna buy it first thing when i get home to ireland in a few weeks but in the mean time......

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Excellent album so far. I haven't fully got into it yet but it sounds really great. I imagine it will probably take quite a few listens to really get into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Good points about the indifference in Ireland towards rock and metal

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I was listening to it today and it's brilliant. I was really blown away by 'The Mouth of Judas', that song is class. The rest of the album is also brilliant, and some songs will take more listens to get into. I'm a bit dissapointed by the cover artwork though, it's just not as inspired or as class as the last two album covers.

Advertisement