Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peter Mark Blanchardstown

• 09-03-2011 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Have recently moved to Clonsilla and usually use Peter Mark Salons to get my hair cut..
    Which of the 3 salons is the best? Any advice on specific stylist would be a great help too..

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post moved to new thread

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I live in Clonsilla too and have gone to Peter Mark on the upper level in the shopping centre (the one near Monsoon) to get my hair washed and dried. Sometimes I've gotten it dried straight and other times curly. I've been happy with it each and every time and have had a few different girls do it. That said, the woman of choice for me would be a Polish girl called Anna. She always does a great job on my hair and she is really nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

I live in Clonsilla too and have gone to Peter Mark on the upper level in the shopping centre (the one near Monsoon) to get my hair washed and dried. Sometimes I've gotten it dried straight and other times curly. I've been happy with it each and every time and have had a few different girls do it. That said, the woman of choice for me would be a Polish girl called Anna. She always does a great job on my hair and she is really nice.

I too go to Peter Marks upstairs in Blanch and have been to Anna and have to say i didn't find her good at all. She totally ignored what i asked for and did her own version of what I wanted (which looked horrendous) and when I told her it wasn't what I wanted she got in a huff with me and then got all flustered! It was only a curly blowdry I wanted, I ended up leaving and going home and straightening my hair, I couldn't have sat in that chair for a minute longer with her pulling the head off me.

I go to Breffini, shes great, really listens to what you want and gives great advice too! I recommend her 100%!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I too go to Peter Marks upstairs in Blanch and have been to Anna and have to say i didn't find her good at all. She totally ignored what i asked for and did her own version of what I wanted (which looked horrendous) and when I told her it wasn't what I wanted she got in a huff with me and then got all flustered! It was only a curly blowdry I wanted, I ended up leaving and going home and straightening my hair, I couldn't have sat in that chair for a minute longer with her pulling the head off me.

I go to Breffini, shes great, really listens to what you want and gives great advice too! I recommend her 100%!

Isn't it funny how people can have such different experiences :)
    I used to go to the other hairdressers (Rubens I think its called) downstairs near the Vodafone shop and juice bar for my blow dry and got so annoyed at the attitude of the people there I would never go back. The straw that broke the camels back was after getting a curly blow dry and paying for it the girl on the desk looked at me and said: "Jesus it must have taken forever to dry that". Now I have a lot of hair, its quite thick and shoulder length and I know that it does take a long time to put in highlights, dry it, etc but that is a hairdressers job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭gmf1024

Plus one for Breffni. My wife loves her hair when Breffni does it. She has done mine as well a few times and I was very happy with it.
    My wife went to Rubens and was told she was very adventurous for an old ["er" only added when the hairdresser realised what he was saying] person. She was 26. She just got her hair cut shorter - not exactly white water rafting. Anyway she hated her hair after so didnt go back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 CALLY0412

Have heard that about Reubens from a few people.. They dont seem to have a very friendly attitude towards their customers..
    Think I'll give Breffni a try..
    Thanks guys.. :D:D

CALLY0412 wrote: »
    Have heard that about Reubens from a few people.. They dont seem to have a very friendly attitude towards their customers..
    Think I'll give Breffni a try..
    Thanks guys.. :D:D

Great choice, you won't be disappointed,let us know what you think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Blanch Village is the one i go to, Louise is really good going to her for a couple of years :):):)

Was just with Breffini this morning and once again i was not disappointed!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sierra21

I'm afraid there has been no improvements in reubens. I went there on Sunday. Asked for cut had to ask to talk to stylist before cut as they immediately sent me to basin for wash. Explained to stylist - wont give her name here -that I wanted my hair trimmed but to maintain one length at back and to shape at front. She nodded in agreement. I read the paper while she trimmed my hair. Got a shock - when I asked to see back of head after drying - to find it layered. Politely said "you mustn't have understood when I told you before washing that I wanted to keep length. She mumbled something about just talking a bit off. She then ased was it ok. When I said it wasn't what I had in mind she just vacantly said "no bother" at the payment counter nobody enquired if everything was ok as they do in most places. Staff seemed young, bored and apathetic overall. Next time I'm in blanch I'll go to Peter marks. Won't be back in reubens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Dragging up a zombie thread - closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement