Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donberg Electronics

• 09-03-2011 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Just to let people know what rip off Donberg Electronics are.

Bought 15 capacitors weighing next to nothing and got charged 5.95 euro postage when the actual postage came to 95 cent and then they charged 63 cent banking fee without explanation (if they offer paypal or visa, etc they should absorb that cost, not the consumers fault) ????

I could have bought cheaper in England but tried to support Irish business, what a fool I was, but never again
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭panevthe3rd

sounds like alot alright. any chance the packing they used cost alot or was it just a padded envelope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kgm

Small padded envelope, no documentation, nothing. Got told where to go when I phoned to complain!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

kgm wrote: »
    Small padded envelope, no documentation, nothing. Got told where to go when I phoned to complain!!

They must be doing well if they can afford to do that.

I'd grudgingly use them if I couldn't find what I wanted somewhere else, but I would try my hardest to avoid them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

its probably a standard delivery charge.

I have similar (but lower) standard charge but also state very clearly if its a small item and we send by post, the difference is refunded automatically.

Maybe write a nice email to them and see if they'd refund the €5. - PLEASE don't get angry in the mail as they'll just delete it and you'll get no positive response.

91011 wrote: »
    its probably a standard delivery charge.

I have similar (but lower) standard charge but also state very clearly if its a small item and we send by post, the difference is refunded automatically.

Maybe write a nice email to them and see if they'd refund the €5. - PLEASE don't get angry in the mail as they'll just delete it and you'll get no positive response.

It would probably be a good way of learning German swear-words, if they reply that is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kgm

Wrote email to complain, purely because of the dismissive phone conversation, here's what I got back......

Have you ever heard the story of the little man with the big business?

Since you seem unhappy with the status quo, we can offer you the following solution for your next order: we arrange for the required capacitors to be beamed directly from our manufacturer into your living room (like you would have in Star Trek).

You can come by our office in Ranafast (by bicycle or car, whichever you prefer) to pay for the invoice in cash, so that you do not have to incur any paypal charges. This method would also save us a lot of time, since we have to order the goods, unpack them once received, repackage them, enter the data onto our system, print the order note and pack the goods, before they are sent out to the customer. Not forgetting that a person has to be employed (and paid) to do all this work.

FYI: Please be aware that the spreading of any false libelous allegations against this company will be treated with the up most level of seriousness and passed immediately on to our legal department.

regards

veronika höna

..... and I thought the Scots and Irish were sarcastic (maybe I hit a nerve)

kgm wrote: »
    Wrote email to complain, purely because of the dismissive phone conversation, here's what I got back......

Have you ever heard the story of the little man with the big business?

Since you seem unhappy with the status quo, we can offer you the following solution for your next order: we arrange for the required capacitors to be beamed directly from our manufacturer into your living room (like you would have in Star Trek).

You can come by our office in Ranafast (by bicycle or car, whichever you prefer) to pay for the invoice in cash, so that you do not have to incur any paypal charges. This method would also save us a lot of time, since we have to order the goods, unpack them once received, repackage them, enter the data onto our system, print the order note and pack the goods, before they are sent out to the customer. Not forgetting that a person has to be employed (and paid) to do all this work.

FYI: Please be aware that the spreading of any false libelous allegations against this company will be treated with the up most level of seriousness and passed immediately on to our legal department.

regards

veronika höna

..... and I thought the Scots and Irish were sarcastic (maybe I hit a nerve)

Who said the Germans didn't have a sense of humour?:D

Advertisement