Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling model cars?

Options
  • 09-03-2011 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

hi my husband has lots of model cars and trucks which i want to sell lol trying to find a good place to sell them they are all still in boxes and in good condition but i dont know what to sell them for is there anyone that i could just take them to who would buy them thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

It depends whether you want to sell them all together (try adverts or donedeal) or individually (ebay)

Id be interested in any rally models you have

• Registered Users Posts: 45 angelarm

thanks i will write down the names and post them later have a photo of them can you put a photo up on this?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Post your advert at adverts.ie :
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/toys-games/models/236/
    You can upload photos to show them off.

And then make a new thread here in the models forum, containing a link to your adverts ad and send some viewers over to it.

The idea is to avoid all the enquiries and haggling clogging up the forum and keep those posts visible in one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Imbatman

Does hubby know his models are getting new owners :D

haha he had put them in a press for the last couple of years , i went to open one and got roared at :eek: now his mum says there is more in her house :D think she might want them gone lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Imbatman wrote: »
    Does hubby know his models are getting new owners :D

Does not sound like he does judging by this:D

angelarm wrote: »
    haha he had put them in a press for the last couple of years , i went to open one and got roared at :eek: now his mum says there is more in her house :D think she might want them gone lol

he does, typical boys stop trying to make me look bad :p, have taken pics of them and still have not put them up for sale, dont know what to price them at!!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Post the pictures up here and we will give you a ball park figure of what they are worth around.

tried to do already today and it said it was unavilable today will try again

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Imbatman

angelarm wrote: »
    tried to do already today and it said it was unavilable today will try again

put up manufacturer details,model of car etc,how many have you for sale and we on here can give you a price,my advice is take your time,catalog what you have and if they are worth anything dont take stupid offers for them,my wife gave her pals child some old dinkys i had stored away as something to play with when she was babysitting,i didnt discover it for a week or two,boxes gone,cars in bits,when i told her how much they were worth she started crying,so be careful.and yes i forgave her....after a few weeks,quite a few weeks.:D

• Advertisement

for anyone who is interested here is the link ( i hope):cool:
    any comments about it would be welcome
    http://www.adverts.ie/501188
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭3nero

Hi angelarm
    I'm a collector and i can tell you your prices a way to high.
    I have no interest in any of your stuff, because i allready have most of them or very similar models. Plus i'm broke.

Here's a quick idea of what i would expect to pay for these at any swap meet.
    maisto ducati €5 to €10....but i don't know much about bikes

mercedes benz truck... max €10

burago mercedes benz 300sl 1954 still in shops for around €40 so second hand €20 to €30

farrari f50 can't really see it in the pic but it looks like a petrol station giveaway.

burago ferrari 250 ...€20 to €30

freightliner....pound shop toy...maybe €5 to €10

days gone busand 2 vans....€1 each if your lucky.

maisto volkswagen €5 to €10

compact truck €35 max

Hope that helps you sell them.

thanks for ur price ideas

unable to post pics on this page link up above on adverts

Advertisement