Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Dunleer like to live in?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

macadam wrote: »
    There was a development plan put in place to stop the over growth in the village back when the tiger was roaring, which actually worked to the village/towns favour.

But it needs more houses. Their is lot a lot in the market now for young family's .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

There were over 600 houses and 40 plus apartments in for planning back in 2007, I think Dunleer would be far too over crowded with another 2000 or more people, yes I agree it needs more houses but a steady growth would be much better something like 30 house per year, get the infrastructure sorted first, town parking, national school class rooms and parking, pedestrian crossings public toilets etc etc, its still a good place to live with the right infrastructureit will get even better.
    When beechwood was built back in the early 70s there was 44 or so houses and it seemed a massive estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

macadam wrote: »
    For Location on the east coast Dunleer is very well situated 45mins to Dublin on the M1 and 55mins to Belfast, if the train station would open it would be a great asset to the small town of Dunleer.

It would be a better asset to landowners and developers who could flog overprised shoeboxes to economic refugees from Dublin.

Meanwhile locals get priced out of living in Dunleer.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭maticm18

I think it's great place to live. Village is very nice, everything you need is there. We are buying in Woodlands and finally after seven months we will get the keys on Wednesday. I am so excited to move there. We have been over there several times to see if we like it before we decided to buy. Does anyone know about broadband in Dunleer? Currently I am upc customer and speed is great and it's unlimited. Is there any decent broadband in Woodlands?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

maticm18 wrote: »
    I think it's great place to live. Village is very nice, everything you need is there. We are buying in Woodlands and finally after seven months we will get the keys on Wednesday. I am so excited to move there. We have been over there several times to see if we like it before we decided to buy. Does anyone know about broadband in Dunleer? Currently I am upc customer and speed is great and it's unlimited. Is there any decent broadband in Woodlands?

I live in Woodlands and the broadband is grand. 10 mob does me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

maticm18 wrote: »

Welcome you and yours.....

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭maticm18

Thank you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

It would be a better asset to landowners and developers who could flog overprised shoeboxes to economic refugees from Dublin.

Meanwhile locals get priced out of living in Dunleer.
    I have to agree with that, locals are priced out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Great spot Dunleer lived there for years now living with the missus in Dundalk and it's no comparison. Planning to move back to Dunleer in the next couple of years

Advertisement