Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using twitter on Meteor?

Options
  • 09-03-2011 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hey,

Was wondering if you could help me out with some info. I was considering buying a new phone. Im currently on meteor and was wondering would it be possible to use twitter on my new phone with meteor? As in receive live tweets?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Wow really? Well i have not looked at any phone just yet, im not a big phone person, i just want a good phone that twitter could be used on.. Any suggestions?

How would twitter updates be received? Through sms or internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I use Tweetdeck (for Android) on Meteor no problem.

http://www.tweetdeck.com/android/

EDIT: ..uses your data allowance, as all apps do.

JustinOval wrote: »
    I use Tweetdeck (for Android) on Meteor no problem.

http://www.tweetdeck.com/android/

EDIT: ..uses your data allowance, as all apps do.

Sounds great. So could this be used on a pay as you go or does it have to be bill pay?

Does this mean your phone is constantly online? or do you somehow just receive tweets while not online?

With PAYG the data rates are here -

http://meteor.ie/plans/pay_as_you_go/#plans-tab

You can set your phone and individual apps to update as regularly as you like, or not at all, and instead hit refresh when you want to update.

When you're at home (or near a public hotspot) you can switch to wifi and use no data from your allowance.

• Advertisement

Great, looks like meteor even offers free internet use! Thanks for all the info justin :)

Looking at androids right now, they look great!

250mb free if you opt in to that plan and top up by €20, you need to check the rates if you exceed the 250, it could be 69c per day or 2c per kb, bot sure which.

250mb is OK for light browsing, email and Twitter updates etc. but you could easily go over. There are apps (3G watchdog for example) that will watch you usage for you and warn you or disable data at a preset limit.

Sounds like a really good app, might end up using that. Have you got any recommendations for an andriod phone? The htc's look great but are quite pricey....

Advertisement