Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SETUP HELP ! ! !

• 09-03-2011 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Sony Bravia 32 DH TV.
    Sony Record-able DVD player.
    Standard sky box with free channels.
    Old Plustron DVD player (laser Fcuked) + Surround sound system.

First off if any one can tell me what is the deal with the Digital/Analogue on the TV ??? I have tuned Analogue and get my dish and Ariel stations, when i tune Digital i get 17 Irish channels+radio and NO picture??? RTE1, NETWORK 2, Radio 1 etc.

Second the surround sound works with all players,TV, Sat box etc. But I have no volume control apart from limited control on the sub woofer, still cant turn it down completely, and if i turn the plustron DVD player off, the sound gets LOUDER, I mean WTF???

I have tried almost all combinations I can think of in case I had a wrong wire somewhere. All I want is to be able to control the volume of the surround sound with the remote it came with!! And if anyone can help with the TV situation. Or if there is any other way of setting up so that everything works in conjunction and to there almost full potential, with each other, if thats possible??

Thanks in advance.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

steloide wrote: »
    Sony Bravia 32 DH TV.

First off if any one can tell me what is the deal with the Digital/Analogue on the TV ??? I have tuned Analogue and get my dish and Ariel stations, when i tune Digital i get 17 Irish channels+radio and NO picture??? RTE1, NETWORK 2, Radio 1 etc.

See www.saortv.info and http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Your TV isn't remotely compatible with either UK HD DTT or any Irish DTT and many other European countries as it's the old non-HD Freeview, MPEG2 only.

What is the "surround sound" amp and how is it connected to each thing?

All newer TV systems use MPEG4 for SD and HD, so Ireland is MPEG4 only. UK is MPEG4 for HD (and DVB-T2, which the TV doesn't do either).

You need either a Saorview or "Freeview HD" (not Freeview) setbox for existing TV or a newer HDTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

Thanks for the links and from that I'm going to focus on the surround sound.
    I have no amp, is it possible my DVD player is the amp? my DVD player (1) has front left and right, back left and right, center left and right all plugged into the sub, from the sub i have each speaker. Also from the DVD player i have left and right stereo and that goes to the TV. Everything else goes straight to the TV, sky box, wii, DVD player (2)
    I have played a few surround sound audio files and I'm getting individual sound from different speakers so i presume i have surround sound............??? THX intro, helicopter etc. I just can't control the volume, i can turn it up via the sub thats all??

Advertisement