Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOST DOG: Small Jack Russell Terrier

Options
  • 09-03-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've posted this in Pet Issues too but I think it would get more views here. My puppy went missing this morning (9th March Wednesday) when the wind blew the back door open. He's a small Jack Russell Terrier of 5 months. He has very distinctive markings on his face and is tiny. He answers to the name of Stewie. Here are some pics.

If you have found him or spot him, please take him in and contact me straight away via PM. I will collect and offer a reward. It would mean so much to me if you could do that.

2mcnyw.jpg

rj3zu9.jpg

rix7v5.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

Whereabouts in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Dublin 9/Dublin 11 area.

BAsed on Finglas Road but could have gone anywhere near Finglas, Glasnevin, Phisboro or even Drumcondra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Any news on the dog OP?

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Oooh he's a cutie, hope he was found!

Any news on the dog OP?

No :(:(

I've posted about 150 flyers through postboxes in the surrounding houses around my way. Posters in shops, vets, bus stop although some people keep ripping them down. :rolleyes:

Oooh he's a cutie, hope he was found!

Yeah he's absolutely gorgeous. Very very distinctive markings which make him more unusual. Loads of people I've talked to think he was stolen but I dunno, I think it was more a case of someone finding him and then keeping him for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Have you put a poster up in Dr. Fox's the vet in Finglas Village??

Hope he's found, he's beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JM1971

I hope you are lucky in finding your dog . I found a jack russell a couple of years back and had him for six weeks . I had sent a photo to the pound and they did not tell the owner I had him. She went to the pound loads of times and I also kept in contact with them . By pure fluke I put up photos about two miles away and she passed by me and recognised her dog . I would recommend you go to the pound constantly as mistakes are made. I would agree there are people who could possibly keep your dog but there are a lot of decent people as this site shows that wouldnt do that. I certainly would not like to see you learn a lesson but am hoping other people reading this will learn in the future to do the right thing and tag their animals.
    Unbelievably my cousin in Swords today found a yorkshire terrier and guess what ? He had no tag either . She found him in her garden. Heartbreaking .:(

Someone rang me today saying they found him on the Tolka Valley Road dead in the middle of the road. The lad sounded serious and around 30 years old so I went up and had a look, no joy. Dunno if it was a prank or if it was serious. Will ring the council tomo about if they picked up a dog dead around the area. At least that way I would have peace of mind.
    January wrote: »
    Have you put a poster up in Dr. Fox's the vet in Finglas Village??

Hope he's found, he's beautiful.

Will do tomorrow. Thanks.
    JM1971 wrote: »
    I hope you are lucky in finding your dog . I found a jack russell a couple of years back and had him for six weeks . I had sent a photo to the pound and they did not tell the owner I had him. She went to the pound loads of times and I also kept in contact with them . By pure fluke I put up photos about two miles away and she passed by me and recognised her dog .

Yeah I will be making regular checks to the pound for the next week or so. Heart breaking to see those poor dogs in the cages :(:(:( Is it true after 5 days they get put down?

It is true after 5 days they either put them dwn or will rehome them. There is a demand for smaller dogs though so generally spaeaking they will not put them down as they are much easier to home and most people prefer a younger dog . You should ask to meet this guy face to face as you will get prank calls and fools who ring at all hours as I have received them. Have you posted an ad in the herald? My mum found the owner of the yorkshire terrier thru d herald. The owner hadnt bothered to check d pound for details even after a week. You should also remember not to give up ringing d pound because some people might hold onto your dog for a couple of weeks and then surrender him so keep ringing or go up. Good luck.

Someone rang me today saying they found him on the Tolka Valley Road dead in the middle of the road. The lad sounded serious and around 30 years old so I went up and had a look, no joy. Dunno if it was a prank or if it was serious. Will ring the council tomo about if they picked up a dog dead around the area. At least that way I would have peace of mind.

You might consider putting a poster up on the gates of Prospect Hill apartments too.. I know dogs go into the underground car park there for shelter.

• Advertisement

OP another suggestion - a facebook page for little Stewie.

I know they've worked for others, and its a quick way for people to get word out.

Plus Stewie is a very distinctive and cute looking dog, people will take to him and his facebook page very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭susiewoosie

Can't believe someone would ring with a prank - hope he's found soon! x

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Can't believe someone would ring with a prank - hope he's found soon! x

The language I want to use to describe that guy is not permitted on boards, what a d!ck, how hurtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I drive up the Tolka Valley Road on a daily basis and will be keeping an eye out for Stewie - I don't walk down the by the river but there's always people walking their dogs down there - might be worth a trip down for you. I'm sure he'll be found soon.

Yeah he usually goes for walks there, so my brother has been walking our other dog (who managed not to stray off or get stolen or whatever) there and keeping a lookout too.

Great news, The golden retriever which landed on my door step has been reunited with the owner . She has promised to have the dog chipped and tagged so fingers xxxxx.:D

Awh :( Wish my dog was reunited with me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Awh :( Wish my dog was reunited with me :(

Me too op.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Haruki

Just seen this thread, horrible ! really sorry to hear this:(, im a local in that area, i'll keep my eyes peeled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

I saw your flyer in woodies and immediately thought that'd he'll be found quickly due to his distinctive face. Sorry to see he hasnt been found yet. I cycle to work through Glasnevin, Drumcondra and sometimes phisborough, ill keep a look out

• Advertisement

Hi Donegal girl,
    Please do not give up on your dog as I said before mistakes can be made by pounds and it is important to keep in constant contact. The owner of the retriever told me she phoned the pound the day after but was told there was no dog matching her description luckily a few days later she made contact again and has been reunited with her dog thank god.Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tommyadams

I pass through the area a lot I'll keep an eye out for ye, I can only imagine how heartbroken you are hes gorgeous.

c0rk3r wrote: »
    I saw your flyer in woodies and immediately thought that'd he'll be found quickly due to his distinctive face. Sorry to see he hasnt been found yet. I cycle to work through Glasnevin, Drumcondra and sometimes phisborough, ill keep a look out

So they put it up then? I asked them to, but they said maybe and would have to speak to manager first. Glad they did! Got a few calls recently saying they found him, one brought him to the vet (it was a diff Jack Russell), the other one said she found him wandering around Ballymun but had brown spots on his body which my one doesn't!

Least I know some people are decent in trying to help anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Boski

Think I may have seen this dog today in Phibsborough, nearly sure it was a white JR with brown face, as I was on the other side of the road I cant be sure. edit; PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pclord

Did you find him yet If not keeping hoping kind people in the world
    prank call was nasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement