Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Co axial cable in Cork

• 09-03-2011 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey everyone just looking for some help if ye could!!!
    I bought the tv link yesterday in argos for linking up my sky in my sitting room to another tv in the house.
    However it says i need a co axial cable and it'll have to be about 20 meters by the time i wire it to the other room.
    Would any of ye know where i'd pick one of these up in Cork. i'd a quick look in Currys but they didnt have any.
    And any ideas bout how much. in the pack it seems to include the co axial connectors but if i could buy a cable with these already attached it would make my life a bit easier!!!
    thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

try dwyers on forge hill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

Dwyers have all the cable and connectors you'd need. They sell 100 metre rolls. Ask the guy at the trade counter (very helpful) if you can buy the amount you need.

Price will depend on which grade of cable you buy. People here would recommend you buy the high quality stuff. It will be marked as CT100. The cheaper stuff will probably be marked as Sat cable or rg6.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055108877

F connectors are about 50 cent I think.

Worth having a general good look round the shop while you are there. When you see their prices you'll appreciate the mark up many other electrical and diy places are making.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭daisydotty

thanks a million!!
    never thought of dwyers!!ya i actually had a look at the argos catalogue and they're selling some pack with 25m of co axial cable in it and it was 32euro!will head over there tomorrow!
    thanks again

Advertisement