Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do around Croke Park, evening time?

Options
  • 09-03-2011 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

I'm going to the Croke Park Hotel this weekend and am looking for somewhere to have dinner/ do stuff thats nearby?:confused:

Also what bus route/nearest dart station is nearby?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Sit along the canal with a bag of cans usually seems popular..
    The Drumcondra train station is nearby, I think Connolly is possibly the nearest dart station and from there you can anywhere as regards to trains/bus/dart/luas. Croke Park itself is only about 10 maybe 15 minutes walk from the centre of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dubbie82

Well for a start visit the GAA museum at Croke Park as it just on your doorstep.

Louis Bistro is a nice restaurant for dinner, it's in at Mountjoy square east. It's not the cheapest place around but the food is lovely (I wasn't there in ages to be honest)

Drumcondra Station is not far away but you get more use at Connolly station if you want to get out of the city.

I don't know what sort of things you are looking for but the James Joyce centre, the Writers Museum and Civic Gallery are not far away other than that, it takes you less than 15 minutes walk to get to O'Connell street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Botanic gardens are nice walk away

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Doolie

Enoteca D'asti on Russell St, Very nice Food and Wine, just 2min walk away

Advertisement