Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Router for wireless BB (Arden)

Options
  • 09-03-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, heres the deal.

Someone I know is using this "Adren broadband" out in the country, its wireless internet with a cable coming down from the roof into the house that then connects directly (via a power over ethernet adapter) to his laptop.

Naturally he wants to be able to connect to his internet wirelessly with his laptop so he's not limited to the one room where the cable comes in.

Arden a charging something like 70 euro for them to come out and install a wireless router for him. But I presume any auld router will do the trick? I've offered to pick one up for him in town (dublin) before I head over to him, is there anything I need to know or should any cheap router do the trick.

Also wheres the best place to pick up a router these days in town?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

You just need a router not a modem/router.

Personally I would avoid Belkin. I also have fixed wireless BB and use a Netgear WRG614 which I've had for about five years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

€70 isn't expensive to travel, supply and fit a router, remember a cheap router may give trouble or even reset itself to deafult, pay €70 and it becomes their responsibility. They will (should) also scan for other wifi devices in the area to enable best possible signal (I know I do)

Advertisement