Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minor issues / suggestions

Options
  • 09-03-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

Two minor things that I'd appreciate the dev's eventually get around to:

1) The theme I'm using (black) has no "reply all" image. I just get that broken image thing. It's looking for an image at: http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/custom/black/buttons/reply_all.gif which doesn't exist.
    2) When I type a reply to a PM, then remember I want to actually "reply all", it removes my reply. The content in the text box should be submitted with the "reply all". I think this would be a very minor code change.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Might be worth asking in Site Development maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Never noticed it before, thanks. :)

edit: Mods, any chance of a move?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Of course there is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Khannie wrote: »
    1) The theme I'm using (black) has no "reply all" image. I just get that broken image thing. It's looking for an image at: http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/custom/black/buttons/reply_all.gif which doesn't exist.

I've bodged together an image for that. It's not particularly clean but I don't have the time to do a proper job. If anyone could do a better one that would be awesome (that's how "Reply to all" on the Cloud skin got done IIRC).
    2) When I type a reply to a PM, then remember I want to actually "reply all", it removes my reply. The content in the text box should be submitted with the "reply all".

Maybe I'm not understanding you, but Reply All works as expected for me (regardless of skin).
    I think this would be a very minor code change.

Famous last words! :p

Conor wrote: »
    I've bodged together an image for that. It's not particularly clean but I don't have the time to do a proper job. If anyone could do a better one that would be awesome (that's how "Reply to all" on the Cloud skin got done IIRC).

Looks good to me. Cheers.
    Maybe I'm not understanding you, but Reply All works as expected for me (regardless of skin).

Oh reply-all functionality works perfectly. It's an edge case so here's how to reproduce....

I get a PM of which I'm one of several recipients. I start replying to it in the quick reply box. Then I realise I'm not the only recipient (before submitting) and hit the "Reply all" button. At this point all the text I've previously entered goes bye bye and I'm back to the original PM being quoted. What I'd like is if the content of the quick reply text box was submitted with the reply-all and available on the reply all page.

Does that make sense?

Hehe. I'm a geek you know. Don't get all lazy on me with your over inflated estimates. ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

I get a PM of which I'm one of several recipients. I start replying to it in the quick reply box. Then I realise I'm not the only recipient (before submitting) and hit the "Reply all" button. At this point all the text I've previously entered goes bye bye and I'm back to the original PM being quoted. What I'd like is if the content of the quick reply text box was submitted with the reply-all and available on the reply all page.

Does that make sense?

Yup. Makes sense now.

We're unlikely to fix that any time soon. It's more likely to get sorted in a larger redesign of the UI or as fall-out from reworking the PM system. Both of those options are likely in the near-to-medium term.

Hehe. I'm a geek you know. Don't get all lazy on me with your over inflated estimates. ;):D

I was only half joking! You haven't seen the internals of vBulletin! Nothing is easy.

Yup. Makes sense now.

We're unlikely to fix that any time soon. It's more likely to get sorted in a larger redesign of the UI or as fall-out from reworking the PM system. Both of those options are likely in the near-to-medium term.

Nice one. Like I said it's not a biggy for me. I'm aware of it so I copy / paste before hitting reply-all these days.

I was only half joking! You haven't seen the internals of vBulletin! Nothing is easy.

I *well* believe it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement