Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue screen of death

• 09-03-2011 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭

Bit of a problem with my dell studio 15 laptop. Its 15 months old was dropped a year ago and replaced the screen and worked fine until the last fem months. It started once a week or so and has become more and more frequent till the point where it can take several attempts to get the computer to run.

Sometimes it will just turn off with no error but mostly I get the BSOD- Blue screen of death.
    The message however is not always the same and include the following:
    NTFS page fault,
    driver irql not less or equal and something about usbport.system
    system service exception
    a driver has overrun a stack based error

Any ideas?
    I know some of these can be down to faulty ram and have tried re seating it. Im going to try taking one of the sticks out and see if theres any change and if not replace it with the other one and see hot that works.
    Short of this im stuck?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Yo soy el burro

I find the best thing to do next time it hangs/crashes and you get it running again go to control panel, admin tools, event viewer, (or search for event viewer!) in event viewer left hand side look for Windows Logs and select System.

Scroll down till you see the last error or critical. Double check the time and date to make sure its the most recent one and get the event id.

Then google it. Sometimes it can point you in the right direction sometimes it can confuse you more but its always my first port of call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

you may have damaged your harddrive when u let it fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Ok working with above thanks for the help, its been nearly a year since the fall do ye think its likely to be linked to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Testament

video card causing blue screen prob

The Hard drive might be damaged, but have u tested the ram with memtest ? id suggest u go ahead and test the ram either with mem test or taking one module out and testing it that way.

from there on i would also suggest looking at the voltage and frequency the ram is running at in the bios.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

It might be worth checking your Hard Disk by doing the following -

try clicking - start - run - type in 'chkdsk /f' (without quotes) then restart your pc and let it run the checkdisk and attempt to fix any errors. also if it does find errors you should definitely consider replacing your HDD.

Good luck with it.

Advertisement