Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tired!

• 09-03-2011 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

does anyone feel really tired all the time? I seem to be constantly tired even though getting the 8 hrs sleep. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭nomh

take speed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

nomh wrote: »
    take speed

Some sort of supplement?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I get roughly 5-6 hours sleep school nights. I'm not going to lie to you and tell you I'm OK with that, it's ridiculous really but when i can't get more sleep I lie in on the weekend, for a LONG time.

As for staying awake, showering in the morning is always refreshing and eating high energy foods like sandwiches and fruit helps. Blah Blah Blah useless advice :)

Edit: Yes I forgot Water + Excercise :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Caffeine tablets!

Not as bad as it sounds - 2 have the same caffeine as a cup of coffee.. Just more convenient!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Exercise, fruit, lots of water. Use caffeine if you need a little something to get your over the line, not at the start of school/studying. Inevitable down buzz...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Sunny!! wrote: »
    Some sort of supplement?
    Amphetamines http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphetamine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 techieteacher

You may laugh, but it's the quality of sleep you're getting not the amount of it. Try yoga or medatation.... there's tonnes of it online just do a bit of research! It works for me!

Caffeine tablets!

Not as bad as it sounds - 2 have the same caffeine as a cup of coffee.. Just more convenient!

i drink coffee all the time, but sometimes it has the other effect of making me fall asleep, its the same with lucozade

You may laugh, but it's the quality of sleep you're getting not the amount of it. Try yoga or medatation.... there's tonnes of it online just do a bit of research! It works for me!

i dont mean to be dismissive haha, but im not that kind of person:)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

It's something you're going to have to get used to unfortunately, and it'll get worse the closer you get to exams. Having said that, there's a lot of thigs you can do to help yourself out.
    Get up early in the morning and give yourself plenty of time before you leave for school, it might seem like a great idea to get an extra half hour in bed, jump up and go straight out the door, but you're far better off having a big, healthy breakfast to set yourself up for the day. Take supplements, pharmaton or some other tonic, take it every day and you will see a difference.

At night, stop watching tv/staring at the laptop or anything else of that sort at least half an hour before bed, read a book or something to help yourself relax, DO NOT USE YOUR LAPTOP IN BED OR WATCH TV IN BED. Seriously. Also, try rescue remedy sleep, it's great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 techieteacher

Sunny!! wrote: »
    i dont mean to be dismissive haha, but im not that kind of person:)

why what 'kind of person' is the kind of person who practices yoga and meditation? I'm a 6 foot 4 16 stone metalwork teacher.... not your stereotypical yoga practicer - it's still worth a shot though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Try and make the most of weekends sleep wise. I know what you're going through right now, and it's hard. It feels terrible having to get up ~6am with this level of fatigue, but you have to battle on through :o. Try and keep hydrated and eat well - that can go a long way to helping fight tiredness.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭JohnSmith17

Im alway tired but cant sleep at night!!

Insomnia!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Berocca: supplement of GODS.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

What times are people on? I've been one to work late, evening study until 7 in school then come home and work from maybe 9 to 11... but I think I'm going to try and get up at 6 and get an hour and a half in before school and go to bed earlier... what works for you guys?

OP I feel your pain :( But try and take it too easy, if you run yourself into the ground you won't concentrate in class properly and you might get sick. I've just left homework some nights and gone to bed when it starts hitting midnight. It sucks but sometimes I think you're better off NOT doing any more if your sacrificing the next day/evening.

why what 'kind of person' is the kind of person who practices yoga and meditation? I'm a 6 foot 4 16 stone metalwork teacher.... not your stereotypical yoga practicer - it's still worth a shot though!

I cant relax haha. I know of people that have benefited from yoga though.:D

Im alway tired but cant sleep at night!!

Insomnia!!!!!!!

Are you my long lost brother? lol im the exact same:D

Advertisement