Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP's in Wexford?

Options
  • 09-03-2011 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am relatively new in Wexford and looking to register with a good GP in Wexford Town. I would really appreciate any recommendations you might have. Here's a few details that might help:

It's for myself and my 3 month old daughter. I am living near Redmond Square in the town and don't have a car at the moment so the surgery would need to be within reasonable walking distance. I'm currently a private patient but will be applying for a medical card. Also I would prefer a female doctor but thats not really too important.

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

The problem is most GP's in Wexford Town are booked up and won't take anyone new so its hard to get in anywhere but my advice is Abbey Street Medical Centre who has Anna Marie O'Brien one of the most popular female doctors around plus the female nurses are great and Abbey Street is only a few minutes from Redmond Square. Try here first best of luck.

Directions

remondabbey.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sallysaucer101

Dr Bowe in Selskar would probably take you in. I've been going to him for 25 years and never had a problem. I would also reccommend Dr Bower, nicest Dr I have ever met!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

McLoughlin wrote: »
    The problem is most GP's in Wexford Town are booked up and won't take anyone new so its hard to get in anywhere but my advice is Abbey Street Medical Centre who has Anna Marie O'Brien one of the most popular female doctors around plus the female nurses are great and Abbey Street is only a few minutes from Redmond Square. Try here first best of luck.

Just to point out you will rarely get to see Anna Marie O'Brien if you are sick and need to see a doctor, there's usually a 2 week wait to get an appointment with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

girlfriend had never been to a doctor in wexford before... rang anne marie o brien one morning, got an appointment the same morning .... so take your chances. girlfriend said she was really lovely too and couldnt do enough for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Just to point out you will rarely get to see Anna Marie O'Brien if you are sick and need to see a doctor, there's usually a 2 week wait to get an appointment with her.

Thats true because she is one of the best and most liked her patients tend to be women with regular check ups for you know womens problems and children/new borns with regular check ups so she does get booked up allot. Meier in Abbey street is also good McCormick is a good doctor but he can came of as a bit arrogent but is ok when you get use to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Thats true because she is one of the best and most liked her patients tend to be women with regular check ups for you know womens problems and children/new borns with regular check ups so she does get booked up allot. Meier in Abbey street is also good McCormick is a good doctor but he can came of as a bit arrogent but is ok when you get use to him.

I like McCormick also, but not the 1.5 - 2hrs waiting time it takes to see him.

I'm going to try Pierce Maher next time I'm sick. I've heard nothing but good things about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Thanks for all your input guys, I really appreciate it! Decided to register with the Abbey St. clinic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pablo-jericho

Meier in Abbey street is also good McCormick is a good doctor but he can came of as a bit arrogent but is ok when you get use to him.

Meier is a gent now I must say, he'd do anything for ya, I'd agree about McCormick too, he's alright after a while, Meier ftw tho. :P

Advertisement