Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wuthering Heights

• 09-03-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

I'm doing this as my single text. I got 0 in my mocks. My essay was pure shocking, anyone have any tips?

Also generally discuss wuthering heights as a single text discuss here.
    Thanks lads!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

I think you first have to look at the two most central characters Heathcliff and Catherine. And ask yourself.
    Why do you like the Character?
    Why don't you like the character?
    Do you feel sorry for the Character?

Example:
    Heathcliff

Why do we like him?
    [/LIST]We like him as he does not adhere to the social status element of the novel. He does not want to be like Cathy and Edgar.
    • He suffer badly due to the loss of Cathy, it destroys him
    • Heathcliff can also be liked as he is byronic, he is such a dark character but he still appeals to us.
    • He is really so unreal he is likeable

Why don't we like him?
    • He's mysterious. We dont know where he got his fortunes from, we dont know who is real family were.
    • He is ungrateful.
    • the way he is consumed by his love with catherine is off putting.
    • Heathcliff is ruthless, he cant even forgive cathering on her deathbed.

Why do we feel sorry for him?
    • it seems he had no family and no body cared about him in liverpool.
    • he is so consumed by love its sad
    • heathcliff loses everything
    • nelly and hindleys treatment of him

Thats only a little insight. any questions feel free to ask:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

cheers, anyone else?

bump. I've started reading the book again now , should have it well done before the day of the exam. Anyone have notes or sample answers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

BOHtox wrote: »
    bump. I've started reading the book again now , should have it well done before the day of the exam. Anyone have notes or sample answers?

Heres some notes on Wuthering Heights from the skool.ie site: http://www.skoool.ie/skoool/examcentre_sc.asp?id=1049

Yeah, they're not brilliant in fairness. Anybody have any tips or sample notes. What do you think the question will be?

• Advertisement
Advertisement