Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Here A Fan of Europe

Options
  • 09-03-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

OK, so we all know that song but in seriousness Europe released an album called 'Last Look at Eden' in 2009 and personally I feel its a phenomenal record.

I don't normally support bands who are looking to rival Bon Jovi but Europe put on an excellent show and have had 2 extensive UK tours in the last year and both of them came close to completely selling out. They also performed a rather successful set at Sonisphere 2010.

They put on an excellent show, they make a good impression on first time listeners and they are the kind of band that need to be seen live for a bit of fun - and yet, no dates in Ireland, and from what I'm led to believe they may never have played in Ireland in their entire career.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

hard to forgive "that song" motley, i suffered much taunting in my youth over them

that said yeah that song beast sounds ok...

no, actually no not a fan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Serious 80's cheese. Not a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

cheez eater says no

crue i hope you aren't doin joey tempest impressions in ur downtime..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'll admit to liking the odd Bon Jovi track but Europe were the dying embers of hair metal and came across as a rock version of boyzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'll admit to liking the odd Bon Jovi track but Europe were the dying embers of hair metal and came across as a rock version of boyzone.

wow....harsh....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Europes albums before "that album/song" were really strong also one of there most recent offerings in particular 2004's start from the dark was an outstanding album and they also have one of the best guitarists on the planet in john norum great band! Seen them bout 3 times in the last few years

If you have never heard this song check it out great riff

Also this is a savage song aswell from back in the day

Advertisement