Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sony Centre (Cork Road)

• 09-03-2011 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

Anyone happen to know the registered name and address of The Sony Centre on the Cork Road?

I have searched for them using a few variations of the name on the cro website but all that comes back is The Sony Centre on Michael Street in town.

Anyone have any ideas? I would really really appreciate some help on this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Registered address is Westgate Business Park, Tramore Road, Waterford. Waterford. - Tel 051 844641 as found on www.sony.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Thanks for that. I had that address but thought the business might be registered to another address.

Anyone know the registered name because it's not coming up on the cro website as The Sony Centre or Sony Centre and I believe if I put the wrong name on a Small Claims Court application form that any ruling made may be unenforceable but I'll still be charged the fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Anyone happen to know the registered name and address of The Sony Centre on the Cork Road?

I have searched for them using a few variations of the name on the cro website but all that comes back is The Sony Centre on Michael Street in town.

Anyone have any ideas? I would really really appreciate some help on this.

Its a franchaise, maybe you could google their VAT no to fine the reg owner.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Its a franchaise, maybe you could google their VAT no to fine the reg owner.

Would I be able to get that vat number online somewhere? They have my receipt and all the other paperwork relating to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

I believe it is called

Cross Lane Sound Light Vision

http://www.homewise.ie/supplier/Waterford/CrossLaneSoundLightVision/49654/

I've just checked out their website and it's like they're not even affiliated with The Sony Centre franchise, is that legal? I mean on their website they just say that they stock Sony products... I'm a bit baffled.

And the phone numbers that are listed for The Sony Centre at the same address are different to the phone numbers listed for Crosslane...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

I've just checked out their website and it's like they're not even affiliated with The Sony Centre franchise, is that legal? I mean on their website they just say that they stock Sony products... I'm a bit baffled.

And the phone numbers that are listed for The Sony Centre at the same address are different to the phone numbers listed for Crosslane...

check out the fax number, but if I remember correctly. Crosslane electrical got the sony franchise many moons ago and moved there from High Street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

Crosslane is the correct name, they are a franchise and an official sony dealer. They can trade as two seperate business as long as the products in the sony centre are sony branded if the product exists, ie. laptops must be sony but portable hard drives can be any brand as sony dont make any.

Sony centres tend not to have their own website as it would be too much to add each product for each store so its just the one sony website mainly

Thanks for that guys. Just makes things a hell of a lot harder for people when you're forced to take things to the Small Claims Court :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

So what happened anyway, maybe we can give a balanced view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Thanks for that guys. Just makes things a hell of a lot harder for people when you're forced to take things to the Small Claims Court :mad:

Had to file a small claim against them myself a few years back I used the Sony center as name on the complaint and it went through without any trouble.

decies wrote: »
    So what happened anyway, maybe we can give a balanced view.

Ah it's all in the consumer issues forum. Whole thing has been going on since January, faulty laptop that my boyfriend bought me for Christmas. He was told nearly a month ago that Sony had authorised the refund but the shop itself just keep fobbing him off. Manager of the shop refuses to give my boyfriend his money until he gets the money from Sony (the laptop is a sony laptop) which as far as I am aware is against consumer law and the way they've dealt with this is an absolute joke so my boyfriend has been left with no other option really. Apparently they've 3 other cases going through Small Claims Court at the moment, doesn't really surprise me.

Apparently they've 3 other cases going through Small Claims Court at the moment, doesn't really surprise me.

FFS They sure know how to look after their customers.

Kxiii wrote: »
    FFS They sure know how to look after their customers.

Apparently they don't, that's the problem.

Apparently they don't, that's the problem.

I won the case but they appealed it was only the day before the second court date that they backed down and settled. But your case seems more straight forward then mine.

Best of luck with it.

Kxiii wrote: »
    I won the case but they appealed it was only the day before the second court date that they backed down and settled. But your case seems more straight forward then mine.

Best of luck with it.

Yeah, I mean they've confirmed that Sony have authorised the refund so I'm assuming it'll be a fairly straightforward case of a ruling along the lines of "give the customer their money", "here's your money", The End. Hopefully anyway. Never experienced customer service like it in my life!

Advertisement