Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering ordering from overclockers.co.uk

Options
  • 09-03-2011 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Any regular overclockers.co.uk shoppers here?

With ebuyer out of the picture that only really leaves overclockers.co.uk for the stuff I'm looking for.

Some questions:
    -Do they only charge your credit card after the order has been dispatched?

-How would you rate the delivery service?

-I'm vaguely aware that there's some security validation. Assuming I'm only ordering what's in stock and having it dispatched to the registered address of my credit card, is there any possible grief I should be aware of? After the first order could I have future orders dispatched to a different address.. e.g. work address without aggravation?

-What's the RMA system like? One thing I like about dabs is in case of a product been defective arranging an RMA is effortless. They'll even arrange a courier pickup if you request it.

Many thanks for your time.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Champ wrote: »
    Hello,
    Any regular overclockers.co.uk shoppers here?

With ebuyer out of the picture that only really leaves overclockers.co.uk for the stuff I'm looking for.

Yup, I also found what kind of arseholes they can be. Just do a quick search for overclockers +reputation in Google and you can have all the horror stories you can stomach.

I tend to stick to Dabs these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I have used overclockers plenty in the past and never had any issues with them. Never used dabs as they dont tend to stock alot of the niche stuff overclockers do, so can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Thanks guys,
    It's coming down to either overclockers or scan with scan coming just a tad bit ahead in preference given the amount of vitriol directed at overclockers from former customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Foreverdelayed

I've ordered from Scan in the last six months. Can't say anything bad about them really; got everything I ordered, came on time, well packaged and no problems so far with it.

Take a look at there forums if your worried about RMA or reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

ive ordered from both never a problem with either.

just placed an order with overclockers last night.

new toys coming on monday.;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement