Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good places in tralee, help.

Options
  • 09-03-2011 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

i know you might find this funny but I am looking for a good ice cream shop in Tralee, so far couldn't find any :( Also where did you have your best Pasta in Tralee? dont say home!

I am craving cold stone creamy so badly! I missed home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

They do scoop icecream in Supervalu and the Newsagents in Manor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

http://www.pizzatimetralee.com/

Do great pizzas also do pastas

• Registered Users Posts: 46 fti

why not consider going to Dingle to get some Murphy's ice cream ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

fti wrote: »
    why not consider going to Dingle to get some Murphy's ice cream ?
    Also to be had in Killarney, the little shop is near to Quills, on the bookshop side of it (ie heading towards where the jarveys are)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

You can buy Murphys ice cream by the tub in the Kingdom Food Store or whatever it's called on the way out to Oakpark, near the bus station. You used to be able to get it in Supervalu as well.

But yeah get yourself to Killarney to have it fresh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

xsizo wrote: »
    i know you might find this funny but I am looking for a good ice cream shop in Tralee, so far couldn't find any :( Also where did you have your best Pasta in Tralee? dont say home!

I am craving cold stone creamy so badly! I missed home

I had a lovely pasta in Il Pomo Doro on Princess Street (between Brandon Hotel and Dominican Church). It's a dedicated Italian restaurant so I think they would put extra effort into good pasta dishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Yo soy el burro

ongarboy wrote: »
    I had a lovely pasta in Il Pomo Doro on Princess Street (between Brandon Hotel and Dominican Church). It's a dedicated Italian restaurant so I think they would put extra effort into good pasta dishes.

Their Risotto is fantastic. Nearly as good as mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭rescue16

Is it a cone of ice cream or the scoop stuff if its the cone then the shop in the coner of princess near the traffic the have lovely cones but if it is fresh then you cant beat macs in killarney excellent ice cream there. And when it comes to pasta la scala in abbey court or bella bia.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

make sure to go to 'Bella Bia' in Tralee, its so good and so reasonably priced. Probably the only place we go to eat in town these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    make sure to go to 'Bella Bia' in Tralee, its so good and so reasonably priced. Probably the only place we go to eat in town these days :)

It's funny, I have heard nothing but good reviews about this place for years but have never been able to eat there as every single time I go there (about 4 times now in the past 5 years), the place is full up. It's almost a running joke in my family now as the place remains elusive to me (or else they don't like the look of me when they see me!!). I'll just need to book ahead the next time I'm in Tralee.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

weekends @ Bella Bia are pretty busy, but maybe you could try for the early bird which is till about 7pm I think. During week you don't tend to need to book, but we usually do just in case!

Advertisement