Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Holiday in Westport

Options
  • 09-03-2011 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

We were looking for somewhere nice to go with 3 kids and 2 adults this summer - and thought of Westport. What we are hoping to get is somewhere that has a pool, children activities and also night-time entertainment (really somewhere like the Gleneagles). Can anybody recommend somewhere suitable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

deelite wrote: »
    We were looking for somewhere nice to go with 3 kids and 2 adults this summer - and thought of Westport. What we are hoping to get is somewhere that has a pool, children activities and also night-time entertainment (really somewhere like the Gleneagles). Can anybody recommend somewhere suitable?

try the westport woods hotel,

it has a pool, a kids club and not so sure about entertainment at night but i cant see them not having any.

http://www.westportwoodshotel.com is the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 puddinpie

Hotel Westport. It's nearer town, just a five minute walk into the centre of town. There's a fairly steep hill up to the Woods Hotel, about a mile walk, mightn't be the best with kids although it's a good hotel too. They have a kid's club and entertainment every night during the summer.
    www.hotelwestport.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Castlecourt also has a pool, nightlife etc.

Also pls see numerous threads on these boards already about Westport.

Enjoy your stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

I'd second the recommendation for Westport Woods - they're very child friendly and the Beech Club (leisure centre) has a great little kids pool. I think they can also arrange horse-riding locally, plus they're a little bit out of the main town and within easy walking distance of the Quay and Westport House.

Advertisement