Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnsons Future floor polish

Options
  • 09-03-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Anyone know where I can buy this product in ireland or is there a
    substitute product I can use. Want to use it on perspex canopies etc
    on plastic models.

Thanks
    Maurice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DaveMaC

Theres a few substitutes, the one I use is called 'Pledge Multi surface wax' and you can get it in any supermarket.
    it looks a little cloudy but it dries clear and has all the same magical properties of the original.
    pledge_multisurfacewax.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Maurice M

Many thanks for the info. Have picked up a bottle of Klear and it works
    fine. Also works to attach the canopy to the model.

Thanks again
    Maurice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Where do ye get this stuff. Looked around the usual places in Waterford but cant find anything.

Found it in a local shop. Afraid you just have to keep looking, the small ones as well as the supermarkets.
    It is also great to use as a glue to fix on transparent canopies etc.
    Good hunting. If you have no luck I can see if I can get another bottle and post it to you.

Maurice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Can you tell me:
    Are you using floor polish to clean the canopies of marks, dirt, etc, or are you using it to stick the canopy onto the model?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Maurice M wrote: »
    Found it in a local shop. Afraid you just have to keep looking, the small ones as well as the supermarkets.
    It is also great to use as a glue to fix on transparent canopies etc.
    Good hunting. If you have no luck I can see if I can get another bottle and post it to you.

Maurice.

Thanks. Im heading to Dublin for a few days so hopfully ill find it there somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

coolwings wrote: »
    Can you tell me:
    Are you using floor polish to clean the canopies of marks, dirt, etc, or are you using it to stick the canopy onto the model?

it does both. Dip canopy into it and it comes out shiny and use as a glue to stick to model.

though im not mad about the stuff meself... cos i just have to be different...

Use it for both, find it very good. Doktor, if you dont use it what do you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Maurice M wrote: »
    Use it for both, find it very good. Doktor, if you dont use it what do you use.

For getting a canopy really clear, or if theres a mold line, I use Micromesh emory cloth. Then finish with polish (car stuff). It means there is no film to yellow.

to stick the canopy i use Microscale stuff.. Kristal clear or somthing. Its thicker, and fills gaps too. Its just a personal preference, as people have been using the Johnsons stuff for years.

As for using it as a protective coat over the model, Id usually use very thin acrylic varnish instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Arrggh...just heard that klear is no more. apparently Johnson's have abandoned the formula. :mad:

Typical.

Anyhow, if there's anyone in Dublin who knows where I can get some bottles, or that substitute above, can you let us know where?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement