Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ComTIA A+ & FAS

Options
  • 09-03-2011 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

Has anyone done the ComTIA A+ through the FAS ecollege website? How are the lessons delivered, in text or ebook format or in video. How many hours a day would need to be spent on it
    edit had a look at fas tutorial seems to be video when logged into your online learning account

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pjd435

Hi

I done the course with BT solutions through FAS using ecollege.
    The course takes 20 weeks, 10 for the A+ essentials and 10 for A+ practical application. You go to class 1 day a week, you'll have a choice between 9 - 12.30 or 2 - 5.30. You will get 2 manuals 1 for each part. At the end of each class the tutor will give you videos to look at and chapters to read, which he will upload to the ecollege website. You would need to put in at least 7 hours a week work on your own.
    I enjoyed the course but 20 weeks is to long. I ended up going over all the tutorials again by the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

pjd435 wrote: »
    Hi

I done the course with BT solutions through FAS using ecollege.
    The course takes 20 weeks, 10 for the A+ essentials and 10 for A+ practical application. You go to class 1 day a week, you'll have a choice between 9 - 12.30 or 2 - 5.30. You will get 2 manuals 1 for each part. At the end of each class the tutor will give you videos to look at and chapters to read, which he will upload to the ecollege website. You would need to put in at least 7 hours a week work on your own.
    I enjoyed the course but 20 weeks is to long. I ended up going over all the tutorials again by the end of it.
    do you need an old pc to practice on?. Also, sometimes the course is all online, no attendance acccording to the FAs site. Thanks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pjd435

MinnyMinor wrote: »
    do you need an old pc to practice on?. Also, sometimes the course is all online, no attendance acccording to the FAs site. Thanks;)

An old pc is usefull for learning about hardware, so If you have one it would be helpful. We used a Virtual PC which you can download from the microsoft website when completing the tutorials in the manuals. I think fás may have changed the structure of the course from tutor based to online since I finished last sept because of the cost. The course is not that hard, there is just alot to learn and it is good to have someone to ask questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

pjd435 wrote: »
    An old pc is usefull for learning about hardware, so If you have one it would be helpful. We used a Virtual PC which you can download from the microsoft website when completing the tutorials in the manuals. I think fás may have changed the structure of the course from tutor based to online since I finished last sept because of the cost. The course is not that hard, there is just alot to learn and it is good to have someone to ask questions.
    that makes sense, thanks for the info;)i think the course is now all online for people who get it free and one day in class for people who pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Boysie

Hey,

Anyone know of any jobs you can get by just having CompTIA A+ as a qualification.

Let me know!

• Advertisement
Advertisement