Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommendations for electrical supplier in cork

Options
  • 09-03-2011 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I need to buy plugs and switches for my house, can any one recommend somewhere in cork to buy them. I went to Kellihers on the tramore road but after 3 attempts I can't get them to come back to me with a price, so clearly they aren't pushed about getting the business. I went into MK as well but they left me standing there for a good 10 minutes even though there was no one in the shop and then the guy had no interest in me when i started asking him about what ranges they had. Actually told me i'd "be better off getting the electrician to talk to them":mad:. You'd think they'd know women often spend more than there husbands tell them to:D. Anyway i'm looking for polished chrome sockets and switches so if anyone could recommend somewhere i'd be delighted. Thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

BobbiB wrote: »
    I need to buy plugs and switches for my house, can any one recommend somewhere in cork to buy them. I went to Kellihers on the tramore road but after 3 attempts I can't get them to come back to me with a price, so clearly they aren't pushed about getting the business. I went into MK as well but they left me standing there for a good 10 minutes even though there was no one in the shop and then the guy had no interest in me when i started asking him about what ranges they had. Actually told me i'd "be better off getting the electrician to talk to them":mad:. You'd think they'd know women often spend more than there husbands tell them to:D. Anyway i'm looking for polished chrome sockets and switches so if anyone could recommend somewhere i'd be delighted. Thanks a mil

Dwyers Electrical on Forge Hill is the ideal place for what you want. You can browse all that kind of stuff (sockets and switches) without having to get past some huffy trade counter dude first!! I cannot comment on if they are the cheapest but you don't actually have to buy anything from them :-)

Plus there is all sorts of other stuff there. Its a bit of a one stop shop for household items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

Most Electrical Wholesalers are known for their lack of customer services, Kellihers being at the top of my list. Dwyers Electrical would have all that you are looking for but they would not be the cheapest around.

I always use NATIONAL ELECTRICAL WHOLESALERS friendly service, good advice and reasonably priced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Kellihers is trade only, so they dont generally have time for the public. I find the guys there alright, never had a prob - even last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

have you tried the likes of woodies...etc they usually have a variety of stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

Kellihers is trade only, so they dont generally have time for the public. I find the guys there alright, never had a prob - even last week.

That's not correct, anyone can walk in there and buy goods, they just need to pay the VAT there and then. I refuse to go into any of their branches for the same reasons that the OP outlined

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

It is correct, they have signs saying trade only, but anyone can walk in and buy. They do assume people coming in the door are either in the trade, or clued in on electrical installations, if you don't know the exact description or part numbers, it gets difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

+1 for dwyers, their prices are about average or a little below average. ive found kellihers to be a bit tiring to deal with, could be left waiting for half an hour at counter etc. I wouldnt go near woddies tbh unless you want to pay €10 for a light switch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Advertisement