Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears of War 2 multiplayer question

• 09-03-2011 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭

So,totally sick of COD so was thinking of buying Gear again for the multiplayer. Was just wondering what the online is like now?When I last played it used to take around 10 mins to find a match,has it gotten any better and are there still people actively playing the game?
    Was checking on another game sites forum and the threads were just filled wth people sharing gts for boosting.Does anyone who still plays know if its a big problem in the game ,as if it is ,will leave off buying it again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

There was a 30x XP weekend back in october / november and I couldnt get a match all weekend, however I dont have all the maps to maybe that had something to do with it. Also my connection can be sh1t so again it could have a lot to do with it. I will try again over the weekend and see if I can get into any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

Not sure if this will help, but sometimes having your console locale as UK rather than Ireland can help get games, as per http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69136589&postcount=13

It definitely helped me, though I'm fully aware this "solution" only really exacerbates the problem, as if all users in Ireland eventually make the change, then it perpetuates the issue of new users being unable to find games. Really it would just make a lot more sense if the matchmaking gave priority to neighbouring territories, as well as matching/identical ones as it seems to now.

Advertisement