Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Out of a job in April

• 09-03-2011 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,
    Just looking for a little help on something. I can seem to find the answer anywhere and my local welfare office couldnt give me an answer either.

Im going to be made unemployed (through the ending of a contract) at the end of April.

Living in Dublin city centre, does anyone have any idea roughly how long my claim for jobseekers benefit would take to process?

Im planning on leaving the country early June and will be unemployed end of April. Is it realistic that my claim would be processed in Dublin City Centre and I would be recieving benefits within the 5 week window?

also, if I was to apply, then be processed and due payments after I have left the country, is there any way I can claim these payments?

Would greatly appreciate a reply from anyone who could help,
    Thanks v much for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

If your claim is not processed shortly up to the time you will be leaving the country go into your sw office and ask for a chq or bank payment... explain to them the circumstances... are you going to be within in the EU because if you are if you are in payment of jsb for a month you can have this payment transferred to an eu country if you are seeking work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

When you make the claim, give the date you are going abroad and then they can put a stop date on the claim and can pay you by cheque. Its possible though that they might question whether you will be looking for work between April and June, and could disallow you on those grounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Granger13

Chops80 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just looking for a little help on something. I can seem to find the answer anywhere and my local welfare office couldnt give me an answer either.

Im going to be made unemployed (through the ending of a contract) at the end of April.

Living in Dublin city centre, does anyone have any idea roughly how long my claim for jobseekers benefit would take to process?

Im planning on leaving the country early June and will be unemployed end of April. Is it realistic that my claim would be processed in Dublin City Centre and I would be recieving benefits within the 5 week window?

also, if I was to apply, then be processed and due payments after I have left the country, is there any way I can claim these payments?

Would greatly appreciate a reply from anyone who could help,
    Thanks v much for your help!

Hi,

It all depends on how busy the Social Welfare office is, some people do have there cliam within a two week period while others are left waiting up to 8 weeks if not more. You can transfer your Jobseekers Benefit Payment for up to 3 months if you go abroad to seek employment under the countries covered by EC Regulations but according to their guidelines you must inform the office you sign on in at least 4 weeks before you head off. Then when you in the other country you hav to sign on within 7 days of the last sign on in Ireland. They pay you into your bank account so make sure you dont close your Irish account down if you intend to go abroad.

Advertisement