Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Dripping Down Behind Gutter on Facia Board - Repair

• 09-03-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Hate having roof probs can’t get up there myself to have a look. :(

There was water dripping down the facia board from behind the gutter and as gutter collects a lot of moss and sometimes a few weeds I got them cleaned but this hasn’t solved the problem.

I called back the guy who cleaned them to check if there were any problems. Everything is fine including the downpipe but apparently as I kinda guessed myself there is a piece of flashing (as he called it) or roof felt as I call it, about 4ft in width missing or worn away.

My question is.. … is it ok to fix this by fitting a piece of felt/flashing under the slates as he suggested (and I presume it would have to go under the existing felt as well)

Would this be good enough if it appears to solve the problem or is a bigger job going to be required anyway.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭jj build

the rite way to do it is to remove at least the first two rows of slates and battens and lay eves protection felt under the old felt and down into the gutter if u dont the rain mite find its way inside the walls, trades mans job

Advertisement