Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublins Kingfisher Takes A Bath To The Sound Of Passing Sirens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Where along the Dodder is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Nice vid OP,well done. I've only seen one kingfisher in the flesh in my whole life and no camera with me.:(

I read in a brit photo mag that's it illegal to even photograph them in the UK without a permit,is it the same here?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

dubtom wrote: »
    I read in a brit photo mag that's it illegal to even photograph them in the UK without a permit,is it the same here?

Eh? No, you can photograph them to your hearts content.
    Easiest way is to find a small river (Dodder), stick a perch (broken branch) into the bank where the bird can land and survey the water. All you have to do is hide yourself with a good view of the perch and wait.....and wait....and wait......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

This scene was filmed on Dublins Dodder river.

VIDEO LINK........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqhG-M6C6EE

Absolutely beautiful mate - thanks for sharing!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

OP can i ask a question?

i have been loving the links you have been posting but whats the issue ? are you starting some save dublin life competition?

your links are brilliant - i love this city and the wide life we have, that no one sees but why all the links?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Cheers for that OP , what a wonderful sight!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

dubtom wrote: »
    Nice vid OP,well done. I've only seen one kingfisher in the flesh in my whole life and no camera with me.:(

Haha what? "Him next door is a convicted bird photographer..."

Advertisement