Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return to Uni

Options
  • 09-03-2011 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I was a student in UL studying Law & Accounting last year but had to drop out because of family issues.

I could not return as I was notified that I do not qualify for free fees anymore. As the degree is four years, I dropped out at the end of 2nd year.

As a result, I only qualify for free fees for only 3rd and 4th year.

I'm just wondering does anybody know any potential options open to me ie grants, scholarships, financial aid etc as I can't afford to pay the fees for the first two years and I am desperate to return to education.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Could you perhaps slot in where you finish and start 3rd year in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

neo2010 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I was a student in UL studying Law & Accounting last year but had to drop out because of family issues.

I could not return as I was notified that I do not qualify for free fees anymore. As the degree is four years, I dropped out at the end of 2nd year.

As a result, I only qualify for free fees for only 3rd and 4th year.

I'm just wondering does anybody know any potential options open to me ie grants, scholarships, financial aid etc as I can't afford to pay the fees for the first two years and I am desperate to return to education.

The Welfare officer Derek Daly should be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Derek's Welfare Thread is located here.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Weeshie

Neo you should also get in touch with Admissions 061-202015 or email admissions@ul.ie
    Good luck!

Advertisement