Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuam - Closed for business!

Options
  • 09-03-2011 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Tuam town is closed for business!

Half the roads are either closed or single lane for pipe laying works or re-dug up to repair the poor work that was done earlier.

The roads that are not closed or dug up are so full of pot holes and patch work that driving on them is like riding a kango hammer through a mine field!

It took me an hour to get through Tuam today.

If you hate delays and would like to keep your car suspension in working order STAY AWAY FROM TUAM!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Yeah, failed NCT because of both rear suspension springs being damaged. Springs cost me €179 and reTest is gonna cost me another €23. Coffey's the w@nkers are gonna find a traffic cone in the windscreen of one of diggers some Saturday night when I'm feeling rowdy!!!

My name is Mr Keek, Commandor of the Hoodrats, faithful and loyal servant to the true emperor Joe O'Toole, husband to a murdered wife, father to a murdered son, and i will have my revenge, in this life or the next:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Your rant may be justified but it is not Joe O'Toole who is responsibile for the roads around Tuam. Agreed, they are in an awful state but not the problem of supervalu!!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

dec25532 wrote: »
    Your rant may be justified but it is not Joe O'Toole who is responsibile for the roads around Tuam. Agreed, they are in an awful state but not the problem of supervalu!!

I never said anything about J. O'Toole or Supervalue being responsible???

I just made a 'revenge' remark, quoted "Gladiator" and replaced a few words with colloquialisms/Tuam references, Julius Ceasar with Joe O'Toole for example.

....I thought it was funny anyway! Maybe not!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Mr Keek wrote: »
    reTest is gonna cost me another €23.
    Try 28euro

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hession

The roads in Tuam are a joke

Most roads are closed

The weir road is once again a joke coz there digging it up again,Galway road is no better,

Wonder if Coffeys are going to ever fix the weir road,as there is no road left is all bumps and pot holes

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I never said anything about J. O'Toole or Supervalue being responsible???

I just made a 'revenge' remark, quoted "Gladiator" and replaced a few words with colloquialisms/Tuam references, Julius Ceasar with Joe O'Toole for example.

....I thought it was funny anyway! Maybe not!

I think you meant Marcus Aurelius there.

Not really your week is it !

Sorry to kick you when you're down man. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Yeah, failed NCT because of both rear suspension springs being damaged. Springs cost me €179 and reTest is gonna cost me another €23. Coffey's the w@nkers are gonna find a traffic cone in the windscreen of one of diggers some Saturday night when I'm feeling rowdy!!!
    Can't you look for damages off the council for that? You can in the UK which is probably why their roads are so good and their roadworks so well planed.

Tuam is an absolute disaster the company who are doing the work should be under serious review they've seriously hurt the north west of Ireland at this stage not just Tuam.

They've doubled the time (if I'm lucky) any journey to Galway takes me, it's seriously slowing down business and could end up costing Tuam if people stick with the alternatives they have to find at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Still? Thats a sick joke - Last August I got held up for an hour there. Would be very cross if I lived locally or needed to go commute through. Scandelous.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Is the work finished? I managed to get through Tuam without any hassles yesterday, even called into Tuam hardware. No 30 minute stand still.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭thehairyelbow

Always reckoned they should have ripped up Tuam years ago and started again.
    Maybe that's what they're really at....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

ScumLord wrote: »
    Is the work finished? I managed to get through Tuam without any hassles yesterday, even called into Tuam hardware. No 30 minute stand still.

Work won't be finished for another 12 months approx.
    The reason you got through easily yesterday is because a lot of the work is now taking place throughout the night, right outside my bedroom window.
    I hope you appreciate my suffering, lol.
    It could be worse, sleep deprivation is not the end of the world.

Advertisement