Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centocor Ringaskiddy

Options
  • 09-03-2011 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi all,

First time poster here.
    Anyone got information on Centocor company in Ringaskiddy?
    Have an interview there.

Just wondering what the place is like?
    shift work involved?
    and what are the people like, in general?

Thanks,

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

My neighbour works there. He works shift.

shift work involved?

Depends on the role, process techs or operators whatever they are called down there would work shift, not all of them them, some roles may not require folks there outside of normal hours. Some maintenance folk would be on shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

Worked there for a bit 3 years ago when it was in Start-up.

People there are pretty sound - savage canteen :) if it has kept standards.

Also you can avail of company shop which is sweet - you get things like moisturisers for 10c that cost 5 EUR in shops.

I would advise taking a look at info on J&J in general and then check out the Centocor site itself. Just have a fair idea on the product they make - its really complicated but just to have some sort of idea.

Batigol309 wrote: »
    Just have a fair idea on the product they make - its really complicated but just to have some sort of idea.

Good idea, it's bio pharma, the process will be along the lines of cell culture and then purification (chromatography, UF/DF filtration, virus filtration, no doubt some acid/base (ph adjustment) along the way). There will also be a media/buffer prep stage where the liquid the drug is grown in will be made.

It would be no harm to perhaps have a familiarlity with pressure, flow, volumes etc.

Again it depends on the role you have applied for, I am guessing operator/process tech ish role from the opening post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Excellent company - part of J&J (Johnson & Johnson) - I know someone who has done recruitment and training for them - they have an HR department that actually cares about their people.

Would be a good idea to show some knowledge of/interest in of J&J history etc. - suggest you look up the J&J "Credo" - it's a fine "Mission statement" that they take seriously, not just some lipservice.

Ringaskiddy operation is massive and state-of the art - but could be a slight risk too as new technologies can crap out. However having J&J experience on your CV would be very positive if applying to any pharma or biopharma company.
    Good luck (oh - and if you get to do a psychological test - be absolutely honest and "yourself" - they can detect lying and manipulation every time)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ireland1000

Thanks for the info everyone.

its a lab based role, if thats any good for more info?
    that personality test was a pain in the ass!at least they found a personality i suppose!:D

Advertisement