Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oh God. After Hours are starting on about the Equitation School.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

You won't find me defending the Horsey School.

The fact that place uses up even one euro of the Defence budget is a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

While I like my pomp and ceremony, it's not as if there are better ways for the DF to spend some of that cash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

discus wrote: »
    While I like my pomp and ceremony, it's not as if there are better ways for the DF to spend some of that cash!

are you being sarcastic?? please tell me your being sarcastic!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Whoops. That should read "as if there's NOT anything better to spend our cash on".

Or maybe it's freudian!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

I believe the horsey school costs more than the entire RDF budget? ah well, i like horses. in fairness if they did away with the motorcycle cavalcade and used the horseys instead it would look a lot better ... however in recession looks are not what matters. I do believe that they promote irish horsebreeding and our showjumping etc on the international circuit which supposedly generates cash in the equine industry in ireland, thus also helping somewhat at keeping a lot of people in work in that industry. Pity we cant make strike aircraft and show them off at airshows too.... lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭Avgas

the obvious thing to do with the equitation school is use them as horse cavalry on some future PK mission.:) I'm sure a few auld nags from Smithfield could be got (one couldn't use the show jumpers as their far too valuable). Would have cut quite a dash in Chad and easier to transport there than the bloody Pirhanas.....has nobody in DF press office got a demented/creative streak in them........?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

discus wrote: »

The pony club doesnt even do pomp and ceremony. Just Gymkanas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Morphéus wrote: »
    I believe the horsey school costs more than the entire RDF budget? ah well, i like horses. in fairness if they did away with the motorcycle cavalcade and used the horseys instead it would look a lot better ... however in recession looks are not what matters. I do believe that they promote irish horsebreeding and our showjumping etc on the international circuit which supposedly generates cash in the equine industry in ireland, thus also helping somewhat at keeping a lot of people in work in that industry. Pity we cant make strike aircraft and show them off at airshows too.... lol.

If it does that much for the horse and showjumping industry, let the Department of Tourism, Culture and Sport to pay for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Do you honestly think that if the horsey school was shut down or transferred to another department, that the unit's budget will be redistributed amongst the rest of the DF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

Do you honestly think that if the horsey school was shut down or transferred to another department, that the unit's budget will be redistributed amongst the rest of the DF?

Of course it would, because the money to run it comes out of the general DF budget

• Advertisement
Advertisement