Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free wifi?

Options
  • 10-03-2011 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭

Anywhere in town with free wifi? I mean a pub or café or someplace where you could hang out for a while.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 afireinside

mcdonalds, o connells, fibber mcgees alot of the coffee shops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

The front door has free wifi, number 8 I think, a number of other bars. You have to ask for the password but they'll offer it to you as soon as you take out the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Also Morgans AFAIK, and Huntsman.
    edit: TheSkeff has had it before, I imagine they still do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

isnt there supposed to be open free wifi available in eyre square too?

I believe Subway by SquareEyes has free WiFi too. I have been able to get the one in Eyre Square itself, but never able to connect to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

I believe Subway by SquareEyes has free WiFi too. I have been able to get the one in Eyre Square itself, but never able to connect to it.

ya,same as that...weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

The House Hotel (up around corner from Spanish Arch), as far as I remember, has free wifi and nice comfy couches n coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Adelie

Also McSwiggans, and i've seen signs for it in Kelly's but never tried

• Registered Users Posts: 45,500 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

So the question is, where hasn't got wifi ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

See where galwayswestend.com have wifi aswell , but think there only testing it was there yesterday but gone today was able to walk down dominick (by Galway Arms to Jus church )out to sea road on there wifi ....

not bad
    Some got head on them there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I used to sit in Eyre Square using the Skeffs wi-fi all last Summer, like up beside the fountain and on the grass not just outside the pub, never asked for a password, the cafe in the bus station is free aswell, just ask for the PW at the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Foxs. Kennedys.
    The Radisson (but they make you fill out a form lol).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

salthouse, an Tobar nua, mocha beans, arabica and I think Monroes all have wifi and are spitting distance from eachother.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

An Tobar Nua beside the canal on Dominick St is good,used it a few times,they have a "quiet room" which is handy if studying etc.Alot of places have Wifi these days though,not short on choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Have things changed? I thought McDonalds and Eyre Square use Eircom WiFi? Which you have pay something like 12 euro a month to use or some crap like that..

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

Roisin Dubh and Blue Note do it too. Eyre Square Wifi is a joke. An Tobar Nua is good if you can get past all the religious stuff and inaccurate "science" about Contraception etc that litters the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,157 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Any of these Wifis any good for smartphones to just turn on and work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I have used McDonalds and Supermacs (Shopping Centre) on both my iphone and ipad, never gave any problems

Join Ireland Weather Network

Advertisement