Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forwarding Mail to New Address?

Options
  • 10-03-2011 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, Ive moved from Galway to Cork for 6 months but my post is still going to my old house in Bohermore, if I ring the Galway mail Centre can I get that changed so its forwarded to Wicklow? Would that be free if they even do it does anyone know?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Afaik, you have to pay for it now.Used to be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I think its e15 for 3 months, but I've never done it. You might have to do it by a form, rather then by phone. Maybe the anpost site has more details? I think there's another site that does lots of things re changing address, like ESB and gas bills etc, but I forget its name ...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I think its e15 for 3 months, but I've never done it. You might have to do it by a form, rather then by phone. Maybe the anpost site has more details? I think there's another site that does lots of things re changing address, like ESB and gas bills etc, but I forget its name ...
    http://www.myaddress.ie/ ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You need to fill in a form, proof of ID and address and pay €75.00 for 6 months worth of re-direction. AnPost have a free to use website which gives a more detailed explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Balls, not payng that. Another thing I was thinking of doing is getting my old flatmate to put it in an envelope with just my mothers address and no stamps on it, doesnt that result in my mother getting a letter from her local post office telling her to come in and pay the postage if she wants the package? Will that work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Will you be back in the Galway house again after 6 months?
    Can your mum or yourself not just collect the post whenever you're up here?
    And just notify the most important places, bank etc?

My important stuff goes to my mothers house as it is, I just got called away on short notice and theres a few Amazon and Ebay packages heading to the old house now that I ordered before I knew about work sending me up here, collecting them is impossible due to the hours Im working, well not impossible just really awkward, dont want to leave them too long or the dickheads in the house might open them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Can't the old flatmate just write your new address (or your mother's address) on the packages, and drop them into any mailbox in the street?

Doesn't the delivery service here include one re-direction on individual items???

Really? That would be brilliant, Ill give it a try and see.

Advertisement