Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere that fixes Xbox in Dublin?

• 10-03-2011 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

My xbox has decided to go all red ringy on me ,error 0020, which means something is wrong with solder points connecting the cpu to something...anyway is there anywhere in dublin i can send it to get fixed?? cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭GarRoIT

Try TechPros in the Square in Tallaght

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭DY2011

GarRoIT wrote: »
    Try TechPros in the Square in Tallaght
    The square is only around the corner from me happy days,where is that place tho never saw it? Its not where that gadget shop used to be is it?

Anyone else got any suggestions?

It's in where the Atari shooting game used to be. Beside where the cinema was, and in between the doctors and the Chilly ice cream place. Join them on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TechProsIreland and tell them Gareth told you about the shop, then ask for a €5 discount for being a Facebook friend and they will give it to you.

It's in where the Atari shooting game used to be. Beside where the cinema was, and in between the doctors and the Chilly ice cream place. Join them on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TechProsIreland and tell them Gareth told you about the shop, then ask for a €5 discount for being a Facebook friend and they will give it to you.

Thanks alot man.

• Advertisement

DY2011 wrote: »
    Thanks alot man.

No problem, and if you dont mind you could leave some feedback on the page after its done, thanks.

No problem, and if you dont mind you could leave some feedback on the page after its done, thanks.

Jus curious,do you work here? I mean,do they 100% fix them? I am just wondering wheter or not to bring the xbox to work with me and drop it in after or wait until they are open to ring them and see whats up.Or maybe if i was to get a technical explanation off someone from xbox or wherever and got the lads at TechPro to have a look seen as the insides of a pc and xbox are pretty much the same or will they know whats wrong as soon as they plug it in? Thanks again

Jus curious,do you work here? I mean,do they 100% fix them? I am just wondering wheter or not to bring the xbox to work with me and drop it in after or wait until they are open to ring them and see whats up.Or maybe if i was to get a technical explanation off someone from xbox or wherever and got the lads at TechPro to have a look seen as the insides of a pc and xbox are pretty much the same or will they know whats wrong as soon as they plug it in? Thanks again

I do, I work with laptops and computers though and do a bit of work with the website/facebook and the Tallaght Directory, dont have a clue about xboxes or ps3. If you want to talk to someone that deals with xboxes come in or call on a weekday between 10 and 6 the staff that repair xboxes don't work outside these hours.

They fix them the same way microsoft do with the same tools. They should know the problem from the lights and error code. They won't open the xbox on the spot.The way it usually works is you pay a €20 diagnosis fee, they will find the problem and give you a quote. If you are happy with the quote and go ahead with the repair, the €20 for diagnosis is cancelled and you dont have to pay it. If you don't like the quote you just pay the €20 diagnosos.

From what you have said I think the cost will be €60 or €70, €55 or €65 if you like us on facebook.

With the new pricing it could be as low as €44 (including the fb discount) i don't personally deal with the xboxes though so i'm not sure what the new rate of €49 would cover. The technician himself will give you the quote.

I do, I work with laptops and computers though and do a bit of work with the website/facebook and the Tallaght Directory, dont have a clue about xboxes or ps3. If you want to talk to someone that deals with xboxes come in or call on a weekday between 10 and 6 the staff that repair xboxes don't work outside these hours.

They fix them the same way microsoft do with the same tools. They should know the problem from the lights and error code. They won't open the xbox on the spot.The way it usually works is you pay a €20 diagnosis fee, they will find the problem and give you a quote. If you are happy with the quote and go ahead with the repair, the €20 for diagnosis is cancelled and you dont have to pay it. If you don't like the quote you just pay the €20 diagnosos.

From what you have said I think the cost will be €60 or €70, €55 or €65 if you like us on facebook.

Ah thats grand,thanks alot mate,ill most likely drop in the start of next week,yeah ill leave a bit of feedback and ill mention your name ,cheers Gareth :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Dagged

Hi ,
    Check this out, they charge €30 and fix within one or two days:

www.pclaptopdoc.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

its kinda a similar topic, but is there anywhere that also fixes scratches or perferct circle scratches on disks.

ive 2 games now that play to a certain point and stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bart877

Lads,

that’s true my Xbox was successfully repaired from RRD problem,
    Recommending to everyone. Console was fixed few months ago and still in good working order.
    Dagged wrote: »
    Hi ,
    Check this out, they charge €30 and fix within one or two days:

www.pclaptopdoc.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

whoever you get to do it make sure they are using a bga rework machine and ask to see it first just to make sure.
    If there not using a bga rework machine your only wasting your time and money with them.
    Just be aware of this alot of chancers using heat guns and the like that will do more damage than good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

folan wrote: »
    its kinda a similar topic, but is there anywhere that also fixes scratches or perferct circle scratches on disks.

ive 2 games now that play to a certain point and stop.

Smyths and most of the game shops will do this, think its about €4.

Just got my xbox back today,RRoD all gone and working great.It was a loose GPU due to overheating,i opened it up before i sent it away to mark a few things to make sure i got the same parts back since i got some random 'bloke' a mate knew and the dust inside was incredible,ill be cleaning mine out evey couple of weeks,thanks again lads..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Just got my xbox back today,RRoD all gone and working great.It was a loose GPU due to overheating,i opened it up before i sent it away to mark a few things to make sure i got the same parts back since i got some random 'bloke' a mate knew and the dust inside was incredible,ill be cleaning mine out evey couple of weeks,thanks again lads..

A bloke a mate knew.... thats usually not a good thing.
    Unless he used a rework station your going to be facing rrod again in another 3 months or less.

A bloke a mate knew.... thats usually not a good thing.
    Unless he used a rework station your going to be facing rrod again in another 3 months or less.

:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Loose GPU...heatsink. Which this bloke probably swapped using the x-clamp trick and as jimbob said it'll get you another month or two, maybe a few more, but it will go again :)

Advertisement