Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michel Thomas system

• 10-03-2011 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Is the Michel Thomas systen any good? before I embark on it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭gerbear1

Personally I thought it was very good. It will cover the verbs quite well but I found I was missing a lot of vocab. It doesn't take long to go through the courses so definitely worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niallcon4re

fantastic.

cannot speak highly enough, I used beginner,advanced,language builder and vocab builder.

It gives a great understanding of how to structure sentances, verbs etc.

Then you just need to increase your vocab from other resources, and also you will need to get used to hearing Spanish.

This is mainly for learning to speak, not listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

Im using it at the moment. Seems pretty good so far. Im going to use behind the wheel spanish too after I finish the program to help build on vocab.

Check your library for a copy if you want, thats where I got mine, so I didnt have to fork on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 kevrr

As someone who started from scratch, I found the Michel Thomas stuff to be the best for learning.

I tried out a few other audio courses but when I was in trying to speak spanish to people, the stuff I learnt on the Michel Thomas was what actually worked. He's just got a great way of presenting how the structure works and how to put it together in your head when you're trying to communicate. It really teaches you how to 'speak' the language, and not just memorize vocab and grammer etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I'm loooking to use this too - I assume that you must start with the Foundation Course - I've just looked on Ebay and there is a large variety of his offerings. Is there a set series of steps through it?

I'm going on holidayt to a Spanish (Latin) speaking country so want to brush up on my conversation skills.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

On the third CD now and I'm really impressed... You get so much confidence stringing together big sentences in the first hour.
    I'm gonna do the "Learn Spanish Like Crazy" course after this and then work out how to build up speaking skills and vocab.

I have 15/18 months to get pretty fluent at Spanish before I move on over to South America..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hi

Sorry for hijacking this thread. Form people who have completed this course. How long a week did you spend using it? Im looking to learn spanish and this seems like a good place to start

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭darragh_k

It's good but the students on the cd can be headwrecking!! No es poseeeeebley :D

Advertisement