Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth Olympia Gig

Options
  • 10-03-2011 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

Anybody hear anything about this? I heard from a mate that works at the Olympia a lot that they should be playing this year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

darryn wrote: »
    Anybody hear anything about this? I heard from a mate that works at the Olympia a lot that they should be playing this year

I'd kill to see them in a small venue like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Yeah I saw them in an enormous outdoor festival in Belgium and it just didnt work for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'd kill to see them in a small venue like that.

+1 million

A source would be nice before i allow myself get too worked up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Oh yes! +1 here anyway! :D
    Hopefully true anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Max Power1 wrote: »
    +1 million

A source would be nice before i allow myself get too worked up!

Yea its a rumor, I was just curios if anybody heard anything else to back up what i heard would be a deadly gig though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

please let this be happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

First I've heard but, if true, I would definitely be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

If this happens I'll do my happy dance.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Not their biggest fan, but would certainly be tempted

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

it would be great,

thats the 2nd rumour ive heard this week though maybe some people are getting hopefull but i hope both of these happen ,someone posted in the gigs section on m.i about slayer and fintroll playing the olympia ,and now megadeth playing . slayer date is possible looking at their tour dates and megadeth if it was around the time as the mystery slayer gig ,i think they have nothing on then either .

slayer date isnt mentioned anywhere else though .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

someone posted in the gigs section on m.i about slayer and fintroll playing the olympia ,and now megadeth playing . slayer date is possible looking at their tour dates and megadeth if it was around the time as the mystery slayer gig ,i think they have nothing on then either .

The mods are pretty lax with letting people add a gig so I'm 99.99% sure that was someone taking the piss. Would love to see Megadeth in the Olympia but after the big four rumour I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

The mods are pretty lax with letting people add a gig so I'm 99.99% sure that was someone taking the piss. Would love to see Megadeth in the Olympia but after the big four rumour I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

im sure of that too,but one can hope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I'd be absolutely delighted if this happens...seen them twice before and I'm still sickened I missed them in Cork playing Rust In Peace.
    But so far its just a rumour so I wont be getting worked up about it until I see some proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

So we don't get the Big 4, but might get a Big 1 instead? I'll take that. Would love to see them in a proper venue and not a tent in a carpark again.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

If we get one of the big 4, hopefully its Megadeth.

they should have made a reuninion of clash of the titans .and left metalicrap out of it .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I'd nearly travel back home to see Megadeth at the Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Doubt this is gonna happen, especially as the OP says he heard it from a mate who occasionally works at the venue

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Would love this to happen, saw them at the priest feast and in cork, both cracking gigs. would be great to see them headlining indoors, especially off the back of a new album if Endgame was anything to go by!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Misleading thread title is misleading

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

heard off a mate works in olympia they should be playing; whats that taps nose / says no more?? why should they be playing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

scudzilla wrote: »
    Doubt this is gonna happen, especially as the OP says he heard it from a mate who occasionally works at the venue

Ah "the mate", the most reliable source for concert information in Ireland:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i'l tell you why they should be playing.. because theyre a hard rockin' band n they should come and play the olympia. they just should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Not their biggest fan, but would certainly be tempted
    Same as! not going to get all happy unless its confirmed. Would also definitely go see Slayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Buttoo

Megadeth in Dublin....... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, trying to breathe. Would save going to Sonisphere.................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

God damn it, I thought that this thread was bumped for a reason. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭dasdog

Almost 20 years to the day (1/4/1991) they would have just started their set after Alice in Chains had finished up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

dasdog wrote: »
    Almost 20 years to the day (1/4/1991) they would have just started their set after Alice in Chains had finished up.

And an excellent gig it was!!!

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

BronsonTB wrote: »
    And an excellent gig it was!!!

I'd imagine it was an excellent gig - to think both Layne and Starr are now gone and what Alice In Chains has since become

Although I do like Will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yeah Will is cool, my brother got backstage at Marley Park a couple of years ago (the lucky huar!) and he said William seemed like a cool guy, said he was out watching all the bands and was loving it!

Advertisement