Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Adams : Knife through Butter ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Didn't see a victim of BA in this thread. Unless i missed it.

I said in any thread "related to British or Loyalist attacks". Nice try at evading the question. It seems your empathy is only in one direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Didn't see a victim of BA in this thread. Unless i missed it.

you wouldnt of symphatised anyway, only when its anti republican. typical when it suits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

dlofnep wrote: »
    I said in any thread "related to British or Loyalist attacks". Nice try at evading the question. It seems your empathy is only in one direction.
    Must be an emotional thing. You react when something effects your people more. I find it to be that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Must be an emotional thing. You react when something effects your people more. I find it to be that way.
    You're human. They're all your people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭PatsytheNazi

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I tuned into news reports today expecting to see and hear a group of homogeneous men in suits all with the same accent as myself. I'm sure you can imagine my horror when I saw some didn't have ties! Some had earings! One lad even wore a pink shirt!

However I was aghast when the TD from Belfast spoke. For some reason the man from west Belfast had a Belfast accent, who wudda thunk it?

Seriously, threads giving out about attire, and now accents? For gods sake.
    Yeah I've heard the same been said about Pearse Doherty's Donegal accent. Maybe they'd prefer West Brits like David Norris, Garret Fitzgerald, Martin Manseragh etc :rolleyes:
    I like to hear Willie O'Dea. Poor auld Willie always gives me a little chuckle :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

well put, i was tryin to say something similar myself without trying to sound too insensitive. again sorry for your loss op but i really think an ira bomb and cancer have no connection. im no doctor or medical expert but id say a lot of them would agree. noo offence but it does sound like a bit of anti republican spin

Stress impacts on the immune system which makes opportunistic cancers more likely. People with HIV are far more prone to cancers too.

Sounds completely plausible to me.

Stress impacts on the immune system which makes opportunistic cancers more likely. People with HIV are far more prone to cancers too.

Sounds completely plausible to me.

ok doctor, whats your field speciality again??

ok doctor, whats your field speciality again??
    Ah seriously. Someone died. Stop trying to use them to prove a point.

humanji wrote: »
    Ah seriously. Someone died. Stop trying to use them to prove a point.

i wasnt trying to use them i was genuinely being sympathetic same as the other mod but i fail to see the connection in what op was saying. besides, the thread started about gerry adams his performance in the dail his ability to speak irish etc. but once again any thread relating to gerry adams or sinn fein gets hijacked by anti republicans who try to turn it into an ira thread.

humanji wrote: »
    You're human. They're all your people.
    Not really. Depends in what context you use.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Not really. Depends in what context you use.

This Keith, doesn't even make sense.

karma_ wrote: »
    This Keith, doesn't even make sense.
    Of course it does. He is using the medical/DNA route. I ain't talking in that context.

Of course it does. He is using the medical/DNA route. I ain't talking in that context.

Even less sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

NOT an easy thing to do when you have had a niece who was at the IRA bombing of the Arndale center in Manchester and subsequently died of cancer at the age of 29 medically believed to have been brought on by shock...I find it damn near impossible to "Get over it":mad:

plenty of people who have known and have close relatives either directly killed, wounded or maimed for life have gotton over it. Personally I was almost beaten to death by a gang of loyalists, but I got over that. its all about perspective.

Even less sense.

thats usually the case with keith afc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Scaldy Ned wrote: »
    Especially when he speaks Irish....now i'll readily admit i don't have much of the gaeilge but Gerrry speaks it like he only learned yesterday and each word is laboured to death.
    ?

is fearr liom gaeilge briste na bearla cliste...

something like that??

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    is fearr liom gaeilge briste na bearla cliste...

thats a good point

Even less sense.
    Cultural, ideology. I mean really, it isn't hard to understand.

I was just pointing out the stupidity of racism, but some people apparently can't live without it.

It's all beside the point though. With regards the OP, is it not what's said and not how it's said, that counts? Personally, I don't like Adams and thing Sinn Fein would be better off without him. But he's articulate and well liked by some. Can't imagine his voice really being an issue.

You have completely missed the point the poster made, either wilfully or accidentally.

• Advertisement

I was just pointing out the stupidity of racism,
    Wasn't racism, was just pointing out the truth between two different cultures and ideologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,907 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I for one will welcome when we are attacked by an alien race so we can get rid of this narcissistic attitude among the human race.

We all heading one way >>>> old age, and you tend to mellow out at some point and realise that christ isnt life short..............

Back on topic, Adams in the dail was strange for me. but entertaining none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I thought that was a good speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

maccored wrote: »
    i suggest you get over it.

Ah sure jaysus lads, it's only a bit of murder. He never done anyone any harm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Can you spell hypocrisy?

Teferi wrote: »
    Ah sure jaysus lads, it's only a bit of murder. He never done anyone any harm...

and you can prove Adams murdered people? Or is this more whataboutery bull****?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

It's only 'bull****' if it's proved beyond doubt that he was not involved directly or indirectly the murder of people, until then it is just unproven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

junder wrote: »
    It's only 'bull****' if it's proved beyond doubt that he was not involved directly or indirectly the murder of people, until then it is just unproven
    Im glad you arent a member of the judiciary.

So if I level an accusation against you, its not false unless you prove its false? You want the burden of proof to lie with the accused?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Even if he didn't murder anyone (which I would find hard to believe), he is guilty by the long association he had with the IRA.

• Advertisement

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

I thought that was a good speech.
    Jesus, he spent like 5 minutes at the start of that speech talking about the past. Talking about Mairead farrell, Wolfe Tone, Bobby Sands etc. :confused:

Advertisement