Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dept. of Agri. appeals oral hearing

Options
  • 10-03-2011 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Has anyone got any experience regarding the Departments oral appeal hearing?
    I am awaiting a date for mine in relation to Reps 4 issue.
    :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

owlite700 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any experience regarding the Departments oral appeal hearing?
    I am awaiting a date for mine in relation to Reps 4 issue.
    :confused:

Sit down and document everything. Try to get as accurate as possible with dates- and have documents to back up everything (regardless of whether they ask for them or not). Even when you don't have documentary evidence- have lists. Provide a schedule of your documents for distributing to all at the oral hearing- and leave them with copies of your documents. Make your case to them- and back up your case- and leave them with the justifications you have for backing up your case.

They're not as intimidating as you might imagine- they just need to be able to justify giving you the payment. There are a random number of rechecks done- along with automatic rechecks when certain criteria are hit. Don't try to pull the wool over anyone's eyes with them- they've probably seen it all before- be polite, honest and have some way of backing up your case- and all should work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Can I also suggest that you should be planning your actions for this appeal with your Reps planner and encouraging him/her to be with you at the appeal. (I know that my reps planner has attended appeals with other clients).

Also, if its a legal issue, you should have your solicitor involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 owlite700

Thats some good advice. I intend to bring my reps planner.
    Just very nervous about the whole episode.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

owlite700 wrote: »
    Thats some good advice. I intend to bring my reps planner.
    Just very nervous about the whole episode.
    Thanks
    good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

Previously worked as a planner and sat in on a few of these hearings, fairly light hearted normally, have your documentation completely in order and no harm to slightly bombard them with dates figures etc, hold the head, dont get shi**y with them however frustrated you are, was the issue serious and are you certain you are correct? Pm me if u like and il give u my opinion from experience if i can;)

Or if u have had your appeal how did u get on?
    Bestg of luck either way

• Advertisement
Advertisement